Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimS

FSX ran out of memory

Guest roddymod
I know its just that I was thinking to upgrade when I first bought computer its just that if I will have to buy vista disk I will buy ultimate :(
I don't understand.Why do you need to buy a new OS disc, I thought you said you already had Vista64.

Guest TimS
I don't understand.Why do you need to buy a new OS disc, I thought you said you already had Vista64.
Yes I know but how do I reinstall vista without a disk

Guest TimS

PLEASE HELP, I really tried everything I can think of I did the system restore and it didnt do anything so any more ideas even the silliest ideas are appreciated (I mean sometimes they work) Thanks, Tim

Guest roddymod
Yes I know but how do I reinstall vista without a disk
If your pc came with Vista installed oem you will have either a repair disc or a repair partition on your hard drive. Read the manual.If your pc boots into Windows normally without a problem then I very much doudt thet the os is at fault.

Guest TimS
If your pc came with Vista installed oem you will have either a repair disc or a repair partition on your hard drive. Read the manual.If your pc boots into Windows normally without a problem then I very much doudt thet the os is at fault.
Yes in manual it says to do system restore witch I did and it doesnt do any good

Guest roddymod
Yes in manual it says to do system restore witch I did and it doesnt do any good
System Restore is not the same thig as an os repair. Why do you think that the operating system is broken ?

Guest FlyingBits
Hello TimHave you run Memtest yet ?, you will never know if it is your RAM if you do not try it.You will probably have to reinstall your operating system as well, just buy a copy of Vista or wait a few weeks for Windows 7 to be released.Better still find a copy of XP 64 bit.Happens to us all at some point.
I dont think he would get an "out of memory" error if that where the issue, it would simply BSOD or CTDT.I think he needs to go back and do a clean install first he goes any further, it sounds like he tried to force an install of SP2 on RTM.

Guest TimS
I dont think he would get an "out of memory" error if that where the issue, it would simply BSOD or CTDT.I think he needs to go back and do a clean install first he goes any further, it sounds like he tried to force an install of SP2 on RTM.
OK... If you could speak basic language that would be great because I dont understand what are you trying to say like BSOD, CTDT and, RTM what those 3 words mean

Guest roddymod
OK... If you could speak basic language that would be great because I dont understand what are you trying to say like BSOD, CTDT and, RTM what those 3 words mean
If you see something like that which you don't clearly understand try Google, it usually works.What flying bits is saying, and I totally agree, is that you have somehow managed to corrupt your FSX installation. You should uninstall FSX (and I mean uninstall not simply delete) and all addons. Then carefully following Nick Needham's instructions in the post I sent you earlier, re-install FSX, SP1 and SP2 (or acceleration. Do not try any shortcuts, reboot and restart FSX default flight between each stage. Then, when all is running smoothly add one addon at a time, repeating the test flying between each stage. This will, hopefully, result in a crash free FSX install.

Guest TimS
If you see something like that which you don't clearly understand try Google, it usually works.What flying bits is saying, and I totally agree, is that you have somehow managed to corrupt your FSX installation. You should uninstall FSX (and I mean uninstall not simply delete) and all addons. Then carefully following Nick Needham's instructions in the post I sent you earlier, re-install FSX, SP1 and SP2 (or acceleration. Do not try any shortcuts, reboot and restart FSX default flight between each stage. Then, when all is running smoothly add one addon at a time, repeating the test flying between each stage. This will, hopefully, result in a crash free FSX install.
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you this I already did this before (like last week or so) it didn't work the only thing I done different is that add ons i copied the add on folders and after installing fsx I just pasted the folders back but it didnt work.Thanks, Tim

Guest scottmm73
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you this I already did this before (like last week or so) it didn't work the only thing I done different is that add ons i copied the add on folders and after installing fsx I just pasted the folders back but it didnt work.Thanks, Tim
So, you didn't actually "unistall" the addons. And you say you just copied and pasted the addon folders. You know some addons overwrite some FS files, so copy and pasting folders will not work. Follow what the above said to a "T", don't try and take shortcuts. With your copy and pasting you're just confusing the heck out of FS and the OS.

Guest TimS
So, you didn't actually "unistall" the addons. And you say you just copied and pasted the addon folders. You know some addons overwrite some FS files, so copy and pasting folders will not work. Follow what the above said to a "T", don't try and take shortcuts. With your copy and pasting you're just confusing the heck out of FS and the OS.
Ok I'll try

Stupid question I know but how do you tell if you are running FSX SP2 then?I have applied so many patches and fixes to programs on my PC that I forget. I too got the out of memory message last night and have 4gb of ram.

Guest TimS
Stupid question I know but how do you tell if you are running FSX SP2 then?I have applied so many patches and fixes to programs on my PC that I forget. I too got the out of memory message last night and have 4gb of ram.
there is 2 ways 1) go to programs and features to fsx if you do it would say fsx sp2 (if you have sp 1 it would just say fsx)2) run sp 2 set up and if you do it would say uninstall sp 2

I just got that out of memory error in FSX after modifying the panel of an Aerosoft Super Cub that is an FS9 model. It was compatible in every way except for the prop.bmp which I copied from the default J3 Cub and solved the issue. There were a couple of gauges that were distorted on the panel so I re-did the panel with FSPanel which included various gauges from the FSX gauges folder. After that I get the memory error, but just when trying to use the Super Cub, no problem with other planes. I must have added a gauge that is somehow incompatible giving me the error. I have Vista 64 with 6 gigs of ram and an Nvidia GTX9800+ and running Acceleration with FSX. I don't think memory is really the problem. I'll just have to determine which gauge is giving the Super Cub fits :)TimS... are you getting this error with any aircraft or just a particular one?