Sign in to follow this  
alcav55

sent miles away

Hi ,I am quite new to RC but am gradually getting the hang of the basics.Over the last few days I have done 3 flights and at about a third the way through I am told that I am off course and that I should head xxx deg.This new heading DOES in fact take me MILES off course.I can't understand why this happens.As I say,this has happened three times now,any ideas anyone?tia Alan

Make sure in your FS settings you are set to magnetic for navigation.It is best to have no further than 150 to 200 nm between waypoints. It has to do with great circle navigation differences.If you are told to resume your own navigation that is from your present position to your next filed waypoint.In the RC window status portion it shows the heading to your next waypoint. Does it match your navigation equipment?If you miss a waypoint you'll be given headings back to it. Check your progression in the RC status window. In the extended menu (9 by default) you can request a direct-to for another waypoint.In a few cases some scenery has installed incorrect magnetic deviation files in FS which is one .dll called magdec or something like that.Based on the limited information you supplied, these are just some things that come to mind.

Hi ,I am quite new to RC but am gradually getting the hang of the basics.Over the last few days I have done 3 flights and at about a third the way through I am told that I am off course and that I should head xxx deg.This new heading DOES in fact take me MILES off course.I can't understand why this happens.As I say,this has happened three times now,any ideas anyone?tia Alan
it might help to turn on the checkpoint "ding" option, and then watch the bearing and distance to your next checkpoint in the RC display.also, are you flying a departure procedure? you have to pass within 2 miles of each checkpoint in the departure procedure.if none of this helps, create a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum, duplicate the problem, and send me the log file, zipped-please.jd

Any updates please?
Hi,sorry I didn't answer sooner,been away.The problem was that I had missed a waypoint and RC was sending me back to it.Just aquired RC and although I have read a lot of the manual,it don't readily stick too well when in your 70's LOL.Many thanks for all your help.Alan