Sign in to follow this  
Guest manxman810

uploading flight plans into pmdg 747 fsx

Guest manxman810

Hi folks,New to this forum carry on! I am looking for some help in uploading flightplans into PMDG 747 for fsx. Having read a few posts I tried downloading a flightplan from sim routes and saving it into the flightplans folder. It saved itslef as a .rte file when I noticed all the default flights are .rt2 Is this significant? Anyway it didnt/wont work! Says "not in database"when trying to put it into the company route field on the FMCSo in short if someone can tell me the easiest way to find a flight, and upload it into the FMC I would be grateful and my poor mouse will have recovered from inputting waypoints manually!Cheers allVic

.rte is correct.Are you downloading to the right folder - should be (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.Tom

Guest manxman810
.rte is correct.Are you downloading to the right folder - should be (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.Tom
Hi TomThanks for the help, I will try that. So there is nothing else I need to do? Read quite alot on FS build and other alien language! Assuming thats not necessary then!?Vic

Guest manxman810
Hi TomThanks for the help, I will try that. So there is nothing else I need to do? Read quite alot on FS build and other alien language! Assuming thats not necessary then!?Vic
does it need to have the 001 after EGLLVHHH?? (for example)cheers

No, as long as the name you enter in the coroute field is same as filename without extension the route name can be anything you desire.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest makai747

An example:Heathrow - Orlando intl saved as:EGLLKMCO.rteSo on your FMC, inputEGLLKMCOand up-select to the co route line.if your .rte file was called EGLLKMCO001.rte then you need to inputEGLLKMCO001 to the FMC.cheers

I was having the same problem that Vic had when he started this thread. The PMDG 747 comes with a set of Company Routes (flight plans) stored in (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS when the 747 is installed. For example, LAXORD001.rt2 is available, for a flight from Los Angeles to Chicago. All of the "canned" flight plans are *.rt2 files, not *.rte files.Also, looking in that directory, I saw *.rte (!!) files that seemed to be generated each time I manually build a flight plan in the FMC, entering each SID/STAR and waypoints to create the flight plan.You can load either the canned *rt2 files that PMDG provided with the 747 installation or the *.rte files into the FMC. BTW, you need to set Origin and Destinaton, consistent with the flightplan, before you load the flightplan or it won't work.If you download a PMG flightplan from SimRoutes.com into (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS the down loaded file is a *.rte file. However, after downloading the flightplanfile into the correct directory, you may be frustrated to discover that the files is not in that directory, as I did. It just didn't show up.After spending a couple of hours screwing around, I discovered the problem: VISTA, as usual!!If you are running VISTA, when you think you're downloading to (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, you're not. VISTA will not allow you to directly save files to that directory. Instead, the files are deemed "Compatibility Files" and are saved in a "Virtual Store", not in the Program File path.Therefore when you go to look for the downloaded flight plan, you won't find it using Explore and the FMC won't find the flight plan you thought you just downloaded! VISTA stores the file in a "Virtual Store" under the AppData store in your user folder. To get to the downloaded flight plan, just turn on "Compatibility Files" in Explorer, and then copy the flightplan into (FSX root folder)\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, so that the FMC can get to it. You will need administrator privileges to do the copy. VISTA, aarrrggghhhh! And I'm sure Windows7 will be even better!Hopefully this will help someone else avoid the time I just spent.John Dixon

phil strattoncan anyone tell me why the flightplans for the pmdg 747 only use three letters instead of four to signify airport? when i try to use what pmdg has in flightplans they come up no active route...any help on what should be entered into fmc/cdu and where appreciated. tks all

dude , i think u did a better job than i , i dont even know which site u got these plans from ,and what type of files you would get them into which folder. and how do you convert them into formate that is able to be read by FMC. So please somebody helps. 

pdogone, on 02 Dec 2011 - 14:37, said:

tell me why the flightplans for the pmdg 747 only use three letters instead of four to signify airport

Those flight plans probably reference IATA airport codes (three letters) instead of ICAO ones (four letters).

iphone_tower, on 03 Apr 2013 - 17:56, said:

i dont even know which site u got these plans from ,and what type of files you would get them into which folder. and how do you convert them into formate that is able to be read by FMC.

Welcome to AVSIM!

• Determine your route by searching a realistic database such as FlightAware or the Real-World Flight Plan Database. The latter requires a free registration, but is preferable due to its flexibility (one can personally request flight plans).
  • Copy the route, preferably in the format WAYPOINT AIRWAY WAYPOINT . . . .
  • Go to the Generate Routes section of SimRoutes and complete the fields appropriately. (Inputting SIDs and STARs is unnecessary, as they often vary depending on traffic and weather conditions.)
  • Click Generate Route. Verify the accuracy of your route using the map.
  • From the drop-down export format list, select PMDG and click Download Flightplan. Other fields on this page are optional.
  • Move the downloaded route to your FLIGHTPLANS folder, which should be in the PMDG directory of your FSX root folder.
  • Enter the file name in the CO ROUTE field of the FMC when you wish to retrieve the flight plan. You can then complete your route by selecting SIDs and STARs from DEP/ARR.

I use vroutes for all my flight plans and you can then export them in pmdg format. Then the procedure is the same as above.

i dont know what has happened but i also cant put the origin and destination    every thing i tried i keep getting not in data base 

this is the first time this happened

any help

thanks