Sign in to follow this  
kev4242

Random jetways appearing on scenery

Hi,I have used Ian Gallacher's freeware Edinburgh (EGPH) scenery for FS9 for a while with no problem. It now has random jetways dotted all over the airport (see attachment). I haven't changed anything with the scenery, have tried 2 different AFCADs and re-installing the scenery but the problem is still there. It only seems to be at this airport. Any ideas as it is a very annoying problem!!! Thanks!

What have you added recently, in the way of addons?It has happened before that stray scenery items show up in different parts of the world than the scenery they are associated with.If de-activating recent addons does not fix the issue, then de-activate half of all addons and check sim. Then either activate half of the inactive scenerys or de-activate half of the active scenerys until you isolate the problem.Also, jetways cannot be added with Afcad2, so afcads will not be the problem.Lastly, did you recently change you scenery sliders? the jetways may have been there all along and only showed up with an increase in complexity settings.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

What have you added recently, in the way of addons?It has happened before that stray scenery items show up in different parts of the world than the scenery they are associated with.If de-activating recent addons does not fix the issue, then de-activate half of all addons and check sim. Then either activate half of the inactive scenerys or de-activate half of the active scenerys until you isolate the problem.Also, jetways cannot be added with Afcad2, so afcads will not be the problem.Lastly, did you recently change you scenery sliders? the jetways may have been there all along and only showed up with an increase in complexity settings.Hope this helps,Joe
I have not changed any of the sliders and tried the default scenery when re-installing the problem scenery and there were no random jetways so assumed that the problem was not related to any other add-on. Am I correct in assuming this, and any other ideas to try? Thanks!

Got a link to that scenery?Would like to get it and see if I can duplicate your problem.

Hi,I have used Ian Gallacher's freeware Edinburgh (EGPH) scenery for FS9 for a while with no problem. It now has random jetways dotted all over the airport (see attachment). I haven't changed anything with the scenery, have tried 2 different AFCADs and re-installing the scenery but the problem is still there. It only seems to be at this airport. Any ideas as it is a very annoying problem!!! Thanks!
I saw the same thing with that scenery too.

What you are getting is the wrong library of objects being displayed. As I understand it (and I'm not an expert!) each library object is allocated a multi-digit number for Flight Simulator and I believe a random numbering system is used. Luck is such that occasionally the numbers will duplicate each other, and the wrong objects may display. I had a similar result in some Finland scenery (now fixed by the authors) where fences appeared as jetways. It may be the same offending object library that you are seeing presented.The easiest solution will be to go back to Ian G and he will hopefully regenerate his library objects using different identity. This is what was done for the Finland scenery.The alternative is to spend many hours eliminating things to find the other library with the same identity and then decide which of the two to delete and manage without. I would approach Ian first.Best wishes,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Got a link to that scenery?Would like to get it and see if I can duplicate your problem.
I got the scenery from the avsim library, but a search if "ian Gallacher EGPH scenery FS2004" should do the trick. Thanks for the advice all, will post if i find a fix!

There is an update at flightsim.com that addresses this issue, and updates the airport.filename - egphup2.zipOr turn your scenery complexity down to any setting less than exrtremely dense.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

There is an update at flightsim.com that addresses this issue, and updates the airport.filename - egphup2.zipOr turn your scenery complexity down to any setting less than exrtremely dense.Joe
Thanks Joe. This solved all the problems!

Even though this scenery dates back to 2005, it is still a very fine bit of work in my opinion. Well worth having if you fly in Scotland at all. :( :( :(

Guest DAH4062
Even though this scenery dates back to 2005, it is still a very fine bit of work in my opinion.Well worth having if you fly in Scotland at all. :( :( :(
Would you say it is better than the free UK2000 version?