Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Water Replacement ?

Just installed the latest version of Howard's Mix -Looks great but I really do not care for the water which is still quite brown (lakes etc. that should be some shade of blue).Just wondering what others who feel the same way are using to improve the water.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It's interesting that the lake water in Alaska looks pretty good, but in Texas its a little too brown. Not a lot, but enough to be a little annoying. I have FSScene, but I've never been very impressed with the water textures. This seems to be a tough nut to crack. I've always felt like water textures are the weak spot in FS9.

I don't like Howards Mix, use some other things instead.Try this, it's a perfect combination:Clouds: FS ElementalWater: FS ElementalSky Textures: Flight Environment, GE ProGround textures ( GLOBAL ): GE Pro

Guest belga1

Hello,I use Zinertek Ultimate water (payware) with the mix.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest SS Yssel

Hi,I to do not like the inland water in Howard's Mix and have replaced it with aawater2.zip. For the rest I adore Howard's Mix and I wish them well, they are bringing us wonderful FREEWARE.

David, I meant Flight Environment, not FSScene. Too much cold beer!

-Looks great but I really do not care for the water which is still quite brown (lakes etc. that should be some shade of blue).Just wondering what others who feel the same way are using to improve the water.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.Hello, I use real environment with the Aqua pro textures dark, looks pretty good.

I am still hoping and waiting and waiting and waiting for REX water textures to be issued for FS9.

Guest ironhorsmn

DavidI use aquarama availabel here: www.planesimulation.com/fsdownloads4/FS4u1x11.htmIts pretty good from the sky or from a runway, but a little blurry and undefined if your sailing on it.Im still looking for a good one.John

Guest ironhorsmn

I forgot to add on previous post, that there are a lot of things I like about Howards Mix, but outside of the water there was one that really got me.I fly out of Salt Lake City, and sitting at C13 looking at the mountains was very disturbing for a clear day. It looked like I was in a bad dust storm or fog,and looking South straight in towarde the terminal from C13 there were ground hugging clouds that looked like cumulas type clouds. Salt Lake gets some low hanging clouds but not that low. For the Salt Lake area, I pretty much stick to the landclass files by fsgenesis.John

Just installed the latest version of Howard's Mix -Looks great but I really do not care for the water which is still quite brown (lakes etc. that should be some shade of blue).Just wondering what others who feel the same way are using to improve the water.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
David,Was using jzwater for 2 years before switching to fs9wat (both freeware) this past March. Both are good, but personal preferences will prevail.Give them a try.Don