Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Copy protection and FS2004

The following remark caught my eye in a FS2004 BETA review on SimHQ (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_060a.html)'Startup requires the number 4 CD to remain in the drive'One of the best features of Fs2002 that I now take for granted is that it runs without the official CD in the drive. If FS2004 has this 'feature' and its asscociated 'clever cd protection software that hampers the running of the program you just bought and keeps your CD-Rom spinning like crazy all the time' TM I would be very disappointed.Lets hope this feature is only in the Beta.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest moomox

No worries... someone will solve that quickly enough ;-)

hi,Yea don't worry about that man theres always someone who fixes that :-)Andrew

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,That's a very ambiguious sentence contained in the review. Afterall, you have to leave the #3 disk in when doing a full install of 2K2 too so that it unpacks the scenery cabs and writes various .cfg files.

>The following remark caught my eye in a FS2004 BETA review on>SimHQ (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_060a.html)>>'Startup requires the number 4 CD to remain in the drive'>>One of the best features of Fs2002 that I now take for granted>is that it runs without the official CD in the drive. If>FS2004 has this 'feature' and its asscociated 'clever cd>protection software that hampers the running of the program>you just bought and keeps your CD-Rom spinning like crazy all>the time' TM I would be very disappointed.>>Lets hope this feature is only in the Beta.Even if it is in the Gold edition, I'd lay serious money that it would only be a matter of days before a `No-CD` patch appears. It's commonplace these days.I use them on almost all of my software (legitimately puchased I might add before I get flamed) purely to preserve the integrity of the CDs and for the convenience factor.

It requires the number four CD to be in the CD drive to run. Please remember this is a press beta, its not final software. No different really than a lot of games today. By the way I did do a full install.Hornit

Guest Timbo

I'm more worried that there's a disc 4. :-lol Let's hope we're not in store for a 4 or 5 GB full install. It'll make my already large FS folder even larger. :)[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table

Guest Frank Betts

I have a hundred and eighty Gig harddrive in the ready :-sun1

Guest drobson

The article states that it is a 3.2 gig full install. Better clear out some of the junk stuff so you are ready! ;-)Darrell

Guest JonP01

Microsoft have already stated on their FS2004 website that the new sim requires 1.8 GB of HD space. I doubt very much the gold release will be on 4 CDs. I expect 3 as per FS2002.