Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

DF 737-400 Automatic Frequency changing does not work for me.

So far, I am unable to find the correct combination to get the VOR frequencies to update automatically. In reading the posts on this forum, I find instructions to partially answer my problem, but not completely. I see nothing that addresses VOR waypoints downstream of the first in a flight plan. Also, my results relative to VOR2 are contrary to Tom's reply to somebody else's post. My understanding from another reply is that imported plans will not work. I get the same results whether imported, fresh, or a saved plan from either. For example, in making the following plan from scratch (Not imported from FS2002 or elsewhere) I get the indicated results: Origin: KATLDestination: KMSY1st Waypoint: WETWO (210 Knots @ 10000)2nd Waypoint: LGC (306 Knots @ FL200 as are all Cruise Alts.)3rd Waypoint: MGM4th Waypoint: MVC5th Waypoint: SJI6th Waypoint: BIX7th Waypoint: GPT (Transition Point)8th Waypoint: MUDDA9th Waypoint: CLERYGPT.SLIDD2 Star to RWY 28 Everything works beautifully with the exception of the automatic frequency changes. During my setup before takeoff, I change both radios to "Auto". VOR 1 defaults to 110.5, runway 9L's ILS frequency. VOR2 defaults to whatever the last setting was for that radio. The moment I cross my first waypoint, WETWO, BOTH radios update to 115.6, my next waypoint's VOR frequency for LGC. My assumption was that this progression would continue and when I crossed LGC, they would update to MGM @ 112.1, my next VOR.Both frequencies remain at 115.6 for the duration of the flight unless I change them manually. Please note that contrary to a previous reply to another's post, both VOR1 and VOR2 updated for the first VOR waypoint. Is this normal, or am I missing something? While I am at it, how does one manually enter a fix into a flight plan? I have tried various NWS and E entries with now success. If this is covered in the tutorials or manual, I am afraid I have missed it. Thanks:RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have to agree that it doesn't seem like the NAV radio auto-tune is that predictable, but I admit that when I fly on FMC I tend to only look at the HSI in map view and don't dial in VOR radials. My bad I know. It also seems like both radios change together as you indicate.scott s..

Not sure about the radios but to manually enter a fix -LAT/LOG entered in the formatNddmm.mWdddmm.m or Sddmm.mEdddmm.mSo North 3degrees 52.4 minutes, West 2 degrees 2.0 minutes would beN0352.4W00202.0The main glitch is forgetting to use 5 figures for East/West.FMC Manual section 3-6 (should be page 23)HTH