Sign in to follow this  
awacsCZE

FSX Camera options

Guest firehawk44
Good evening,I tried everything, but i can

You can edit almost everything in any camera but if you change too many features, then it isn't a tower camera any more but you can do that too.Tower can be unlocked from user aircraftTower can be made movable.Tower motion rate is settableTower pan speed is adjustableTower pan mode is adjustableTower camera can be disabled or hiddenTower (show in list) range is adjustableWhat do you want the camera to do differently? This is my current Nearest tower definitionTitle = Nearest TowerGuid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}Description = This is the description of the tower view.Origin = TowerSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 2.5PitchPanRate=10HeadingPanRate=45PanAcceleratorTime=0Transition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = TowerClipMode = TowerNoSortTitle = TrueHotKeySelect=1Hope this helps...Loyd
I would like to put a camera at a certain point on the airport. On the ground, near an FBO. So I can get the feeling of a passenger watching an airplane taxi up to park.

How would one go about placing a camera at the end of a runway,In order to view the landing?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

How would one go about placing a camera at the end of a runway,In order to view the landing?
This isn't my enhancement, but someone pretty smart put this up some time ago. He modified one of the primary camera views in the camera.cfg file. You can adjust the landing view by using the Control, Enter, Backspace and Shift keys. Also the + and - for zoom. You can use a hotkey to jump to it quickly. You'll need to adjust your view for each landing, but by hitting the A key, you will have numerous perspectives from different runways of the landing. Make a backup of your camera.cfg file first, change the file with the info below, and have fun experimenting!Curt Title = Facilities RunwayGuid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}Description = This is the description of the runway view.Origin = FixedInstancedBased = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTargetCategory = ContainerTrack = TrackShowAxis = YesAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = RunwayCycleHideRadius = 7ClipMode = SpotCycleHidden=YesHotKeySelect=4

I tried using this formula and I have pulling my hair out trying to make it work. I copied the codes into my cameras.cfg file and I don't have a camera alongside the runway that moves with the ai aircraft. I have tried about 10 times and I seem to be the only one having the problem. I select runway and pick the active one but it only sits on the runway looking out into space. My ai planes are never followed and I am not seeing what I am supposed to. I didn't see anything posted about what aircraft I need to use this formula. Of course I have tried 10 different aircraft and it still doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong, surely something this easy shouldn't take all night to figure out but for me it has. I would be so grateful for anyone that can show me in detail how this works. It seems alot of people are using it but of course not me. Thanks everyone.

This isn't my enhancement, but someone pretty smart put this up some time ago. He modified one of the primary camera views in the camera.cfg file. You can adjust the landing view by using the Control, Enter, Backspace and Shift keys. Also the + and - for zoom. You can use a hotkey to jump to it quickly. You'll need to adjust your view for each landing, but by hitting the A key, you will have numerous perspectives from different runways of the landing. Make a backup of your camera.cfg file first, change the file with the info below, and have fun experimenting!Curt Title = Facilities RunwayGuid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}Description = This is the description of the runway view.Origin = FixedInstancedBased = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTargetCategory = ContainerTrack = TrackShowAxis = YesAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = RunwayCycleHideRadius = 7ClipMode = SpotCycleHidden=YesHotKeySelect=4

I tried using this formula and I have pulling my hair out trying to make it work. I copied the codes into my cameras.cfg file and I don't have a camera alongside the runway that moves with the ai aircraft. I have tried about 10 times and I seem to be the only one having the problem. I select runway and pick the active one but it only sits on the runway looking out into space. My ai planes are never followed and I am not seeing what I am supposed to. I didn't see anything posted about what aircraft I need to use this formula. Of course I have tried 10 different aircraft and it still doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong, surely something this easy shouldn't take all night to figure out but for me it has. I would be so grateful for anyone that can show me in detail how this works. It seems alot of people are using it but of course not me. Thanks everyone.
per the SDK Origin parameter definition includes this statement:• Fixed – External camera at a fixed position. Fixed camera definitions must include FixedLatitude, FixedLongitude and FixedAltitude values.the listed camera description had NO location provided to 'fix' it to.The AI view follows the aircraft just like spot view does.The tower view points toward the user aircraft from the tower/fixed location as defined via the facilities database - although it can be unlocked at the user's option.The SDK does provide an example text file with 4 fixed cameras at Rochester NY airport. That example shows lat,lon, altitude values being provided for each location.I 'carry' a fixed view camera around with me in some aircraft (i.e. defined in the aircraft.cfg).I set the coordinates at the time I want to use the camera, hit the previously-set "reload aircraft" hotkey and immediately have the camera location available. Such a camera can be defined as locked to the user aircraft or free to pan about...here is one of the SDK example cameras for Rochester NY where it was added to a saved FLT file.[CameraDefinition.001]Title = Fixed Camera 1Guid = {835BFC1C-1A03-994A-A176-49318FEB094E}Description = Placeholder descriptionOrigin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 4.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = FALSETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N43.103570FixedLongitude=W77.690494FixedAltitude=230 // METERS of altitudeInitialPbh=0, 0, 0this tracking camera can be numbered appropriately and added to cameras.cfg, or to an aircraft or to a previously saved flight file.edit: probably the simplest way to utilize this is to pre-prepare locations that you would like to use at various airports and list the lat,lon,alt in a separate 'locations' text file, then just paste into the camera when you need it...If you want to pan about, you would showTrack = noneand perhaps add some pan controlsPitchPanRate=15HeadingPanRate=45PanAcceleratorTime=0Loyd

Thank you for your help. Wow, I didn't realize it was so complicated. The guy who posted his facilities runway camera config also made some videos which made it look so easy. That is exactly what I am looking to do, but I didn't realize that there was a very important code missing. I am not familiar with all those adjustments and I don't know how to find the latitude and longitude I want. I just want to have a camera that follows the arrivals in and when it the aircraft goes out of range, then it follows the next arrival in. Now I really miss active camera, I was able to park my camera near the runway and watch all the arrivals being followed in one by one at whatever airport I went to. It looks like there will never be an active camera for FSX and those other two programs don't offer what I need either. I was able to get something that I like by changing the track value from chase to track in the ai view camera. But I have to hit "A" to cycle through all the aircraft in the area and it's based on the tower view so it's a little more work because I don't want to hit any keys each time I want to see the next arrival.. It's nice for now but I really hope that something comes out that makes it easier to accomplish what active camera did. I really also hope that the guy who made all those arrivals video on you tube comes back to share his knowledge because he accomplished what myself and other people are looking for. But of course I appreciate any help I can get.