I just downloaded sp1 and have a problem with the visibility changing at cruise levels. I am using fs9. It seems that the haze layer is going from unlimited down to about 10 nm than it goes back out to unlimited.thanksanthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Thanks Anthony. I have not been able to run a full flight with FS9 yet, but I will do so inthe next day or so and see if I can reproduce this.Thanks,

Hi,I did a full flight today using ASA B433 and FS04 and did not experience this. What flight level were you at in your flight? With different planes that can mean different altitudes.Thanks,

Anthony/Jim,For what it's worth, I experienced the same type of thing on a flight from Sitka, Alaska to Seatle. But, I don't think it is an ASA "problem", as it doesn't happen all the time. What I realized was I had my cloud layers set to "5". I was at FL190 in the Duke, and flying between layers. The layer below me was Scattered...above mostly Overcast...and at FL190 I seemed to be almost level with another layer of very thin Cirrus-type. They were almost opaque, but noticable as I flew along. From the cockpit view, the visibility would seem to jump back and forth as Anthony said. From Spot View, it happened also. But from Spot View it was very easy to see the "why" of it happening. The visibility WOULD jump back and forth as I entered and exited this very thin, almost opaque layer. It was akin to driving in and out of a thin series of fog layers in a car.It seemed very realistic to me, once I understood what was happening. I descended about 500 feet, and it stopped happening. Maybe this is what Anthony experienced?Just a thought.Edit: I use FSX, so the above may not relate to FS9.Rick

Rick Ryan

I think I figured it out. I had shutdown fs9 then restarted it instead of starting it through asa. I'll let you know if the problem comes back.Thanksanthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I thought I had the issue solved. I just had the same thing happen. I noticed at 4x sim rate you can really see it. At 1x I can't. Not sure what it is.thanksanthony

Anthony

Hi,If you can take a screen shot of this and either post it or e-mail it to me.Thanks,

I have this issue too, and I've had it only since installing SP1. Visibility 'resets' from time to time. I'll have nice visibility graduation (and soft horizons using John Cillis' sky textures) then all of a sudden there is unlimited visibility with a hard horizon. Did a flight from Gatwick to Bremen last night and it occurred repeatedly in cruise. I'm going back to build 431, where this wasn't a problem.

I have this issue too, and I've had it only since installing SP1. Visibility 'resets' from time to time. I'll have nice visibility graduation (and soft horizons using John Cillis' sky textures) then all of a sudden there is unlimited visibility with a hard horizon. Did a flight from Gatwick to Bremen last night and it occurred repeatedly in cruise. I'm going back to build 431, where this wasn't a problem.
I experience the same Problem on my Flight from Amsterdam->Aberdeen(on Friday).Arround 80~90NM out of EGPD all Clouds dissapear in a second.Local Supression Range is set to 200 Miles.EGPD Weather was reported:EGPD 241320Z 29009KT 5000 1500S R34/P1500 +SHRA VCTS FEW010 BKN015CB 13/12 Q1003 RESHRA RETS TEMPO 3000 TSRA.At arround 20 miles of the Airport the Weather kicks in to match the Metar.FS9.1-ASA Build 433/Vista64Bit Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Ralf,This is not the same issue being reported here. If this keeps happening for you, please start a new thread calling it something like weather disappearing or something like that.Thanks!

Jim, I should just add to my description of this issue above that, after the visibility graduation turns off (ie, the hard horizon appears) it gradually comes back again - I can see the horizon haze slowly appearing. Then I'll fly for some time and the visibility graduation suddenly turns off (I have a hard horizon again)... and so on and so on.It's a shame, because the visibility graduation looks really good (when it's not re-setting itself).I hope this helps.JusJ

Ralf,This is not the same issue being reported here. If this keeps happening for you, please start a new thread calling it something like weather disappearing or something like that.Thanks!
Oh,sorry for the Inconvenience!I will start the new Thread as you suggested. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

jus j is describing exactly what is happening. thanksanthony

Anthony