Sign in to follow this  
byork

A couple screenshots of the new FS2Crew 2010 Config Manager

As you know, with the new FS2Crew 2010 "Voice Commander" series we ripped everything down and started totally fresh.It's been A LOT of work.As part of the change, we've totally replaced the old "Start Center" system with a brand new centralized config utility, called the FS2Crew 2010 Configuration Manager.Note: The new 2010 Config Manager only works with the upcoming FS2Crew 2010 line of products, not the previous versions.The new 2010 Config Manager is much stronger and more efficient than the old Start Centers.A big difference is that you won't need to manually re-install it again should you install a older version of FS2Crew over a new one.Screen Shot #1: The Joystick/Keyboard MapperConfig1.jpgWith the new 2010 Config Manager, you can now select joystick/keyboard buttons by pressing the associated button directly on your joystick or keyboard.The functionality is very similar to the way you can assign buttons and key in the FSX and FS9 menus.It's very easy to use.NOTE: In the upcoming FSX Default 737 release, we don't use keyboard or joystick button presses. Regardless, we decided to add the functionality now to the Config Manager because we'd like to have it in place for future releases.Screen Shot #2: The Panel CFG ManagerConfig2.jpgAnother difference between the new 2010 Config Manager and the old Start Centers is that the new 2010 Config Manager now edits the panel.cfg of the host aircraft directly as opposed to the old system, in which the entire panel.cfg file was swapped in and out.

Amazing!Unfortunately flying default aircraft is horrific at best of times for me.. I'll wait until the Real deal (J41, MD-11). I really do hope that you go back and redo the md-11 since its so fresh and nice. Although the original fs2crew for that is quite awesome too.

Hi Bryan,I agree with Vteckick. Your typical user of FS2Crew is a dedicated simmer. Dedicated simmers simply don't fly FSX default aircraft. I appreciate this is the introductory version and any bugs will be a whole lot easier to pinpoint with default AC, but the sooner you're able to release versions for the quality third party aircraft, the better.As part of the LDS beta team, can I respectfully ask you start with the LDS767, just like you did with FS2Crew? :( :(

Guest EGNR
Hi Bryan,I agree with Vteckick. Your typical user of FS2Crew is a dedicated simmer. Dedicated simmers simply don't fly FSX default aircraft. I appreciate this is the introductory version and any bugs will be a whole lot easier to pinpoint with default AC, but the sooner you're able to release versions for the quality third party aircraft, the better.As part of the LDS beta team, can I respectfully ask you start with the LDS767, just like you did with FS2Crew? :( :(
I also agree that the 3rd party aircraft from LDS, PMDG, etc are the ones to eventually aim for. However, having used the new FS2Crew voice with the default 737 for a little while now, I can assure you it really is a big step up in immersion, and enjoyment.Flying the default 737 is actually fun now! :(

I am almost definitely going to give it a try. I am a long term supporter of your products. I own them all.Even though the Default 737 flies like a bag of cement and sounds even worse, it will be nice to do short haul in FSX with something smaller that the Level D. *Edit: Just noticed the enhancements list. You guys think of everything.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I am almost definitely going to give it a try. I am a long term supporter of your products. I own them all.Even though the Default 737 flies like a bag of cement and sounds even worse, it will be nice to do short haul in FSX with something smaller that the Level D. *Edit: Just noticed the enhancements list. You guys think of everything.
If anything try it for the Australian accent since you're from Syndey. That's Fermin Fernandez of TweakFS behind the mic :( And yes, those enhancements for the default 737 do help a lot, definitely install them :(