Sign in to follow this  
Vaillant

Just completed my first flight with RC

I just finished my first flight with RC: The tutorial #1 KDSM to KORD. I enjoyed it a lot but I had a bad surprise on final.I was clear to land but just a little bit before I pass the runway threshold, I saw another airplane lining up on the runway. I never hear the tower allowing this airplane to get in but the airplane did it anyway and of course the tower asked me to go around. I didn't have much time so I decided to land anyway in front of the other airplane :( and upon arrival my license was nicely taken away from me :( !Is there any reason why I didn't hear the AI airplane being clear for line-up and TO and is there anyway to prevent this kind of joke! Meaning an airplane going on the runway while i'm cleared to land on that same runway?I'm currently just using default FSX AI.

Don't worry... AI is simply testing your mettle... you did good not letting AI bully you in to not landing...I keep a handy supply of bogus licenses on hand for these kinds of things....Of course if you have ALL DAY to practice your go-arounds and your passengers are the ' anything goes crowd ' then by all means go around and let the wimpy AI boss you around.... :-) but I think JD really likes to brake bad on us... and FSDO doesn't have anything to do with out us......

How to stop AI doing silly stupid things?When the cows come home? lol.

How to stop AI doing silly stupid things?When the cows come home? lol.
I know the AI is pretty dumb and doing weird things but with FSX they usually don't go on the runway when I'm clear to land.I went over the forum and I saw that I should try lowering the ATC volume instead of shutting it down.

This is the problem, RC does its own thing and tells you what to do, whilst in the FSX world, the FSX ATC and AI are all communicating nicely. RC is just between you and yourself, which makes it useless in busy airspace and airports.

This is the problem, RC does its own thing and tells you what to do, whilst in the FSX world, the FSX ATC and AI are all communicating nicely. RC is just between you and yourself, which makes it useless in busy airspace and airports.
This is not actually true. RC does try to deal with the AI. It can't easily control them (or at least not all of them), though it can and does try. It's main objective is to detect what they are doing, from changes in their status, and then deal with your own situation accordingly.The problems which can arise do so because by the time RC has detected that FS ATC have given permission to an AI aircraft to line up and wait, it is often just a little too late to prevent that aircraft from encroaching upon the runway. The busier the airport, the more likely this is to happen simply because of the amount of processing involved.Really the only thing RC could do is to freeze all AI traffic near the runway as soon as it gives you final permission to land, whilst remembering which ones have permission from FS ATC to line up (i.e. are in TakeOff1 state, I think). Then, when you've cleared the runway it can voice its own permission (if you are still on Tower), and unfreeze them.I know quite a lot of thought and new design has gone into this area for version 5, so perhaps it will then be a thing of the past. Meanwhile you might find the FSUIPC "Traffic Zapper" control useful -- I have it programmed on a button! ;-)RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

So, then it is true from what you've just said.
No. Your statement "in the FSX world, the FSX ATC and AI are all communicating nicely. RC is just between you and yourself" is not true, from what I've just said, so your conclusion is also not true.Mostly I find RC4 does do a good job with the AI. I've only had the occasional runway encroachment. And these days I run MyTrafficX at 50% and UT2 at 100% -- plenty of traffic at many airports. So saying RC is "useless in busy airspace and airports" is patently untrue. In fact FSX's ATC/AI control itself is if anything open to such criticism, as with a busy airport many AI approaches turn into go-arounds, and I've seen several AI landing at almost the same time. Microsoft never really got their traffic flow algorithms sorted out at all. I do use "AIsmooth" which helps, but that isn't at all foolproof either.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I started the 2nd tutorial and I ran into another problem. I reached the part where you save the flight. My flight is save for FSX and I can restart it but I can't find any *.rcd file to reload the state or RC4.3Where should I look and what did I do wrong?

Runway encroachment control during your landing was improved in the last versions of RC 4.3. You should have build 4.3.0.3843 or later. As Pete stated, when you are on close final after being handed to tower, RC will attempt to freeze all ground AI in the runway vicinity.Also, if AI are active in destination landings, RC will check the runway they use and logical or not, will assign it during the approach phase.So RC4 is AI aware and attempts to prevent runway encroachment and synchronization with landing AI.