Sign in to follow this  
srgalahad

ALERT! Scam, theft or shady dealings?

It has come to our attention that someone is attempting to sellThe Tornado Trophy.As yet there is no determination if this is a scam, or a devious way to raise funds for website recovery & upgrades, or whether someone has broken into a trophy case and appropriated this magnificent artifact for personal gain

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/trans...ed.htm#AVIATIONReally nice 1939 figural GAS AIRPLANE Contest Trophy. near mint to mint. side view. 395.00 Click on the "Gas Airplane" link to viewAny information would be appreciated.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.

Member | Executive Committee

Microsoft Flight Simulator Around-the-World Race

Hi Rob, nice to see you over this side of the fence!Man, that is one nice looking trophy! All I can say is that if it's on sale then maybe we should pass the hat around and take up a collection. There must be at least sixty simmers in the RTW crew who could each contribute say $10? Maybe spend the surplus on some brass cleaning gear.But where would we keep it? Mmm!

Mike Beckwith

Mike We were just tossing that Idea around a few minutes ago.I think John has just volenteered to call them tomorrow and find out which one it is. There are two trophies when you click the link that says side view that is a different trophy than the tornado cup. Anyway I am in it for the $10 spot One thing is for sure... IT AINT STAYING OVER AT WILLY'S :( We would end up having to buy it again. :(

There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's looks very nice. I'd be in for $10, but then we would have to have a tradition much like the Stanley Cup where every member of the winning team gets the trophy for a day or so. They would be required to post a picture of themselves with the trophy from their Cockpit.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hi Rob, nice to see you over this side of the fence!Man, that is one nice looking trophy! All I can say is that if it's on sale then maybe we should pass the hat around and take up a collection. There must be at least sixty simmers in the RTW crew who could each contribute say $10? Maybe spend the surplus on some brass cleaning gear.But where would we keep it? Mmm!
Having just talked to the owner of the antique shop which has it listed it's engraved:Mailings Mens ShoesModel Airplane Gas ChampionshipSenior Division1939Note: on the website there are two photos of different trophies from 1939, however both are for sale and the first one shown is the one in question.The price is $395.00 ( possibly negotiable). The trophy stands about 11" high and weighs about 5 pounds.Apparently others don't see it the way we do:http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=199910Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.

Member | Executive Committee

Microsoft Flight Simulator Around-the-World Race

Apparently others don't see it the way we do:http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=199910Rob
If those "tuff" guys would show up more than once a year then they wouldn't have to worry about what somebody thought,,,,they would know.Clueless to the fact that it was a simultaneous joke that was being shared by these three websites for the first time ever.Pretty sad when you think about it.Hats off to you and Dave....

salt_air

It was not the FlightSim.com MP folks who got grumpy..........EditHad to remove my comments, have to make sure I dont' upsed the thought police

It was not the FlightSim.com MP folks who got grumpy..........EditHad to remove my comments, have to make sure I dont' upsed the thought police
LOL......I should watch myself a little closer too.....

salt_air