Sign in to follow this  
Guest JetlinerX

FS2004 APPCRASH gdiplus

Guest JetlinerX

Hey guys.I have been having a problem with a dll in my flight sim and I was hoping I could get some help. When I am using 3rd party add-ons mostly, I change the veiw or select an aircraft in mid game, and flight simulator goes not responding. So I click "more details" and this is sort of what is says:APP CRASHFault Moduel: gdiplus.dllWHAT CAN I DO! :( :( Thanks! Slade

Hey guys.I have been having a problem with a dll in my flight sim and I was hoping I could get some help. When I am using 3rd party add-ons mostly, I change the veiw or select an aircraft in mid game, and flight simulator goes not responding. So I click "more details" and this is sort of what is says:APP CRASHFault Moduel: gdiplus.dllWHAT CAN I DO! :( :( Thanks! Slade
gdiplus.dll is a Windows system file, not a Flight Simulator one. Some add-on aircraft panels require this and if you are on a pre-Windows XP operating system, you may need to download and install it. It should be in C:|WINDOWS\system32 . First, look to see if it is there.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Slade,It appears to be part of Windows, I suggest you Google it.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I run FS9 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 - I always get the same error when trying to load certain aircraft such as Wilco's PIC737 directly from themain create flight selection page. Only way I have found to overcome this problem is to enter the sim using default Cessna and then selecting the aircraft I want to fly.Regards

gdiplus.dll is a Windows system file, not a Flight Simulator one. Some add-on aircraft panels require this and if you are on a pre-Windows XP operating system, you may need to download and install it. It should be in C:|WINDOWS\system32 . First, look to see if it is there.John
Yes, it's part of the OS, though it's not unusual to have a number of copies of it under the FS9 folders tree. In any case, probably the used one is that in C:\windows\system32. To be sure, next time take note of the version number of the dll and compare it with the versions of the instances you have.I've been having crashes from time to time related to this module, have searched in the web and got no clue about the reason, even though there is a handful of fellows out there with similar problems.JAMM

Strange, strange!I have lately started having the GDI+.dll error reports.That's probably after installing something, but don't ask me what. I do install, uninstall and tweak so many addons (shame, shame, I know).The strangest thing is these errors do not crash my sim. I get them with a lound bang AFTER LEAVING a flightsim session.Thus I can live with it but wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

Guest JetlinerX

I am running Windows Vista 64 BIT. Here are my specs:Asus X83VM-X1nVidea GS 9600MIntel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHzHope that might be able to help somthing? :(

I am running Windows Vista 64 BIT. Here are my specs:Asus X83VM-X1nVidea GS 9600MIntel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26 GHzHope that might be able to help somthing? :(
OK - but have you:1. Checked if the file concerned is present?2. Tried loading the way suggested by ideoplastic?If neither of these resolve the problem, and nobody else comes up with any ideas, I think in your place I would be contacting the vendor of the add-on aircraft concerned as I doubt the situation is unique to you. Regrettably I have no knowledge of Vista so cannot comment on that side of things.Good luck with that.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

In addition to John's excellent suggestions, I recommend you Google it.I did and the top return was a link to a Microsoft page where you could download this .dll and install it in your computer.I think this should resolve your issues as I think you are either missing this .dll or have a corrupt one.hope this helps,JoePS. here is the link - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The GDIPlus.dll file is not something that simply resides in the System32 folder any longer.It is now part of what Microsoft coins "Windows Side-by-Side". This allows for multiple versions of the DLL to reside on your hard drive without any conflict. The OS will load the correct version requested automatically.Installation of this file is not something that you can do on your own in the WinSxS environment.Crashes in gdiplus.dll tells me you have a video driver issue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69