Sign in to follow this  
Guest frontendrob

And suddenly out of nowhere.... MICROSTUTTERS?

Guest frontendrob

Hi all. I know this topic is boring for you but after dealing with this for hours it's my last resort.I am going nuts. Yesterday everything was perfect. Just installed UT2 and German Landmarks, and by using the new Frame Limiter Tweak (from this forum) I was happily doing rounds while maintaining 25FPS in my year old and pertfectly balanced FSX setup. Of course on approach at bigger airports I am getting 10-15FPS but that is OK. So. Today I was messing a litttle with AA settings (after all, yesterday I decided to stop using the NVIDIA Control Panel and give Nick N's tweaking with nHancer a go). No changes in performance at all. Basically that is all I did and while I didnt get any FPS gains, it didnt loose any FPS either. So. After some messing with the Scenery Library, I noticed that I have stutters. When flying low with the trike above UT2's AI planes on EDDF's apron, it's like little jumps in the flying direction, maybe every second or two, while the locked FPS remain at 25. I tried every nHancer setting there is afterwards - no change. Reverted any Scenery Library changes I made - no change. The stutters remain, no matter what settings I apply, even when I remove REX textures and turn off AA and German Landmarks (the rig is FSX only so there are no backround tasks). I did a IFR flight into EDDF - no stutters. But once on the ground I hopped in the trike and the stutters were back. Maybe stutters is the wrong word - it really feels like little jumps or time warps. This is really killing my nerves as I can't get rid of them no matter what I do. I was using nHancer already yesterday night and everything was perfectly fine. So really I can't recall making any other changes that I could revert. The stutters also seem to come and go depending on the direction and speed I go. But I can't really tell whats causing them, maybe the UT2 AI - but as I said, they've been there all the time.Please help. :(FSX SP2, GEX, REX 2.0, UT2, Scenery Tech Landclass, Vista Ultimate 64 Bit3,06 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 800Mhz RAM, 8800 GS 512MB

Guest frontendrob

Update - just removed all UT2 traffic - same stutters.And I forgot to mention - I am using 180 drivers because about 6 months ago those were the ONLY ones that did not give me stutters or OOM's ...

Guest FxF3
Update - just removed all UT2 traffic - same stutters.And I forgot to mention - I am using 180 drivers because about 6 months ago those were the ONLY ones that did not give me stutters or OOM's ...
I just bought UT2 also and have problems with it the Demo ran great but UT2 full really hits my computer had it pauses about 10nds to load the AI and ATC I'm running it at 50% AI and no jetways running. The product is nice if you have a computer that can handle it. The demo ran so good on my computer but the full product tanks it.Try turning off your jetways in the ut2 gui under traffic options if you have it on that may help.

Guest JamesWoods

Suggestestions i can make, in no particular order1 - Turnall ut2 traffic to zero, then see how that affects the micro stutters. UT2 seems to be a major frame hugger close to busy areas. More so than trafficx for example.2- Defrag using O&O or ultimatedefrag, or similar3 - If you have rex2 , try deleting all traces of rex from your PC, then do a fresh install of rex1 only. I have been having too many issues with rex2, some of them fps related.4 - Use GameBooster to hlep you automatically shutdown all unwanted windows services and tasks before starting fsx.5 - generate new fsx.cfg, need to start ut2 utility again to get ut2 working with new fsx.cfg file--------------MAKE SURE TO BACK UP fsx.cfg and standard.xml before generating new fsx.cfgYoull need to copy back your saved standard.xml , cause new fsx.cfg file overites it back to default control assigments.

This might not fix the core problem but it could alleviate it. While running FSX change to window mode, open the task manager (Ctr Alt Del) and under processes right click fsx.exe and set it to a higher priority.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

This might not fix the core problem but it could alleviate it. While running FSX change to window mode, open the task manager (Ctr Alt Del) and under processes right click fsx.exe and set it to a higher priority.
Now there's something I have not heard before. I will try this out for myself. Thanks!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest frontendrob

Thanks for the input guys. As I've said I tried running without REX and UT2 but the stutters remain the same. I feel haunted. I had this once before, the stutters came and never went away I had to reinstall. Which would be a nightmare right now.

The only way I could get rid of micro stutters is by going back to driver 182.5. Have you tried those?

Have you tried to use the FPS limiter tool? I find especially with using UT2 that using it makes a huge difference. You could also set your mesh res to 38 and your texture res to 1 as well and see if that helps.

Jim Wenham

Guest frontendrob

I'm on 180.48, the only ones that didn't give me these stutters when I initially setup the system .... which gives me an idea ... I wil just clean and reinstall those and see what happens. I's my last resort and maybe even makes sense as NO FSX settings seem to have any influence on these stutters.

Guest frontendrob

No luck. Installed newer drivers, older drivers and finally the one that used to work fine. Stutters remain exactly the same. Very frustrating, it's unplayable.EDIT I seem to be able to get rid of the stutters when using FSX's own FPS limiter at 25. Then however, the FPS go way down in my test configuration. So, for some reason, the new FPS limiter app has stopped working correctly for me. However, I get the same stutters when running FSX unlimited and without the new limiting app. I have tried removing clouds, scenery, autogen, but the stutters always remain the same.So it is no performance problem and no driver problem.

Guest FxF3
Wow this helped me thanks Robert I set one core for FSX and one core for UT2 and got about 12 FPS more now I'm close to 30 around most areas with the FPS limiter added in. Now maybe I can add REX2 with that increase I did buy Ultimate Terrain X which I love, I meant to get GEX but bought UTX by mistake all the Acronyms throw me off. :(

I use the limiter tool. You need to make sure of 2 things I think. If you set FSX to run as administrator, the tool crashes to the desktop. Also, if any other app tries launching with FSX, such as the REX weather engine, it will do the same. These are the only 2 things I can think of that gave me any issues using it.Have you tried disabling anti-virus apps to see if something is getting scanned while you are playing? I've seen this before on my system.How about updating Direct X?Indexing service on in windows?Have you tried the newer 190.38 Nvidia drivers?What and when was the last addon you installed before the stutters started?Updated FSUIPC recently?Has an addon updated FSUIPC for you? Maybe it overwrote and dropped in an older version...yes I'm stretching it here LOL :)What aircraft are you using and getting stutters? All of them? Just higher fidelity payware? Any Windows updates just before the stutters? Windows defender running?Are you running XP or Vista? 32 bit or 64? Are you trying to run unlimited frames? I get stutters sometimes but it is usually only with certain add-ons. Framerate tool fixes this.Last time I had this particular type of problem (and I've had this exact problem) , I believe it was an addon I installed not getting along with another one or just plain a bad install of the add-on. Eventual cure was to re-install FSX and "only" intall stuff I was actually using LOL. Hope this helps, Larry

Hi all. I know this topic is boring for you but after dealing with this for hours it's my last resort.I am going nuts. Yesterday everything was perfect. Just installed UT2 and German Landmarks, and by using the new Frame Limiter Tweak (from this forum) I was happily doing rounds while maintaining 25FPS in my year old and pertfectly balanced FSX setup. Of course on approach at bigger airports I am getting 10-15FPS but that is OK. So. Today I was messing a litttle with AA settings (after all, yesterday I decided to stop using the NVIDIA Control Panel and give Nick N's tweaking with nHancer a go). No changes in performance at all. Basically that is all I did and while I didnt get any FPS gains, it didnt loose any FPS either. So. After some messing with the Scenery Library, I noticed that I have stutters. When flying low with the trike above UT2's AI planes on EDDF's apron, it's like little jumps in the flying direction, maybe every second or two, while the locked FPS remain at 25. I tried every nHancer setting there is afterwards - no change. Reverted any Scenery Library changes I made - no change. The stutters remain, no matter what settings I apply, even when I remove REX textures and turn off AA and German Landmarks (the rig is FSX only so there are no backround tasks). I did a IFR flight into EDDF - no stutters. But once on the ground I hopped in the trike and the stutters were back. Maybe stutters is the wrong word - it really feels like little jumps or time warps. This is really killing my nerves as I can't get rid of them no matter what I do. I was using nHancer already yesterday night and everything was perfectly fine. So really I can't recall making any other changes that I could revert. The stutters also seem to come and go depending on the direction and speed I go. But I can't really tell whats causing them, maybe the UT2 AI - but as I said, they've been there all the time.Please help. :(FSX SP2, GEX, REX 2.0, UT2, Scenery Tech Landclass, Vista Ultimate 64 Bit3,06 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 800Mhz RAM, 8800 GS 512MB
Try the 186.18 driver release.

Guest frontendrob

So, another 12hrs trying to fix it behind me. No go. I thought I had nailed it by deactivating Vista Task Scheduler Service (man, what a crappy OS!) that put a load on the machine behind my back. But that wasn't it.What I have done:Started with a fresh fsx.cfgDeactivated any addons.Lowered Scenery and Autogen to zero.Going 1024x768 and disabled AA and AF in the driver.Still exactly the same stutters, mabe even worse because they're more obvious now.I run unlimited (no limiter neither FSX nor the "Governor").They will go --- 60..55..60...48.. 5 (!) ..50..60..65..30.. 5 (!) ... Absolutely fluid but with stutters that ruin it.This happens at any airport, just harder stutters at larger hubs.So, I guess all that's left for me is to try every driver version from 180 up that is out there.It's not that easy as the official releases will not work on my iMac (because it is a "8600GS" rebranded 8800 GTS which is actually a laptop chipset).I will have to use the ones available at laptopvideo2go.com ...