Sign in to follow this  
Jim Padgett

AI confusion

I was departing KCLT, number 4 in line and it looked like a jousting match with AI taking off from both ends of the same runway... any one else seen this?

I was departing KCLT, number 4 in line and it looked like a jousting match with AI taking off from both ends of the same runway... any one else seen this?
Yep!............Happens quite alot, Im using RC4 and UT2 so I'm not sure which one causes the problem ..........If ANY!.Regards

RC4 does not assign active runways to AI nor control them in that sense. The only control of AI is to freeze them when you are landing about three miles from touchdown to prevent ground AI runway encroachment. It can enroute divert AI from your path as well. RC4 reads AI action (if present) in assigning the active runway for your aircraft,It takes a while for FS weather to stabilize after loading a scenario. Since AI starts before weather writes are completed you can have "left over" AI departures and arrivals that don't respond correctly to winds after a couple of minutes. If you have an an add-on weather program that has a refresh AI function, use that a minute or so after after weather writes are complete. If you have a fully registered FSUIPC3 for FS9 there is a refresh AI (toggle AI) function but I'm not sure if FSUIPC4 for FSX allows that. If not, advance the time in FS about two minutes to refresh AI so they follow the then established weather.I can't answer for UT2 regarding any possible departure/arrival AI control since I do not have it nor FSX.

RC4 does not assign active runways to AI nor control them in that sense. The only control of AI is to freeze them when you are landing about three miles from touchdown to prevent ground AI runway encroachment. It can enroute divert AI from your path as well. RC4 reads AI action (if present) in assigning the active runway for your aircraft,It takes a while for FS weather to stabilize after loading a scenario. Since AI starts before weather writes are completed you can have "left over" AI departures and arrivals that don't respond correctly to winds after a couple of minutes. If you have an an add-on weather program that has a refresh AI function, use that a minute or so after after weather writes are complete. If you have a fully registered FSUIPC3 for FS9 there is a refresh AI (toggle AI) function but I'm not sure if FSUIPC4 for FSX allows that. If not, advance the time in FS about two minutes to refresh AI so they follow the then established weather.I can't answer for UT2 regarding any possible departure/arrival AI control since I do not have it nor FSX.
Thanks Ron, for the InfoCheers

is there any way RC can controle AI. like pro flight emmulator dose, at least slowing them down i have been told to go around meany times from a MD-80 taxing on my runway when im less than a mile out. sometimes it dosent appear the AI freez is working for me.

In RC option make sure Interact with AI is checked.Make sure your FSUIPC is current for your version of FS. Check here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlAI near the runway area are frozen during I believe your last three miles on final to prevent runway encroachment.

is there any way RC can controle AI. like pro flight emmulator dose, at least slowing them down i have been told to go around meany times from a MD-80 taxing on my runway when im less than a mile out. sometimes it dosent appear the AI freez is working for me.

In RC option make sure Interact with AI is checked.Make sure your FSUIPC is current for your version of FS. Check here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlAI near the runway area are frozen during I believe your last three miles on final to prevent runway encroachment.
and it is very important to rebuild the rc scenery database, so i know where your runways, taxiways and gates are.

JimYou may want to try using AISmooth (works on both FS9 and FSX). It works quite well for preventing frequent "go-around" messages from the tower and may help you with the problem you're having. Just start it up when FSX is loaded and let it run.AI SmoothCheers,Brent