Sign in to follow this  
byork

Suggested enhancements to improve the FSX Default 737NG

Dear FS2Crew Users,The following is a list of publicly available files that will make the FSX Default 737NG aircraft significantly better when using FS2Crew with it.You may wish to try them out.These files are purely OPTIONAL!!!!You do NOT need to have them.Install them at your own discretion and risk!!!Be mindful of the fact that some of these files *may* overwrite the panel.cfg file that has the FS2Crew entries on it.These files are hosted at Flightsim.com. You may need to create an account at Flightsim.com in order to download these files.FSX 737-800 Aircraft Gauges FixFSX Boeing 737-800 Gauge Fix. Fixes several problems with the default FSX B737-800 gauges - includes Matt Smith's PFD Flight Director fix (FSX738PFDFIX.ZIP). This file fixes: LE flaps annunciator lights, Flight Director roll needle, landing lights switch, nav lights switch, fuel crossfeed annunciator light. By Csaba Saghi.Click here to download from Flightsim.com.FSX 737 Aircraft Texture FixFSX Boeing 737-800 Texture Fix. These files will fix default FSX textures for this aircraft that appear blurred. They are replacements for the default texures of this aircraft. Original aircraft by Microsoft. By Andrew McGowin.Click here to download from Flightsim.comFSX 737NG Improved AirfileThis package, which was created by Bob Chicilo, includes an improved FSX 737NG airfile. All you need is the airfile itself, not the other stuff. The biggest change is that the the FSX 737 will have more of a nose down attitude when in level flight. We recommend that you simply copy the airfile from this download (it's called b737-800.air) and overwrite the original b737-800.air file located in:Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Back up your original air file first in case you do not like the modified version.Click here to download from Flightsim.com.All the best,

FolksThese files will make your default aircraft a lot better looking, and much better to fly. I am using them all, and have done a couple flights with them and it makes a real difference.

FolksThese files will make your default aircraft a lot better looking, and much better to fly. I am using them all, and have done a couple flights with them and it makes a real difference.
When I install them the overhead switches go a bit haywire. Namely the fuel pumps on/off won't function. I can hover over them as if I can click but no response when clicking to turn then off or on.They're stuck in the off position.

When I install them the overhead switches go a bit haywire. Namely the fuel pumps on/off won't function. I can hover over them as if I can click but no response when clicking to turn then off or on.They're stuck in the off position.
You'll need to contact the author for support on that issue. FS2Crew didn't make these particular add-ons, so I can't offer support for them because it's not my code. Sorry.All the best,

hi bryan how vital would u say it is to down ld this new down ld is it highly recommended or not really need i would like to know if its really going to work great but if its a big risk then i would lijke to know that as well. thxles.

hi bryan how vital would u say it is to down ld this new down ld is it highly recommended or not really need i would like to know if its really going to work great but if its a big risk then i would lijke to know that as well. thxles.
Hi Les,You don't "need" any of these updates per se. They're just optional files I found in some various file libraries that can improve the default FSX 737.If you try them, just make sure you back everything up first. They're not my files, so it's install at your own risk.To recap, these updates are purely optional.Cheers,