Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n4gix

FAA Re-registration coming...

I received this from the TBM700 Owner's Group of which I'm a member. It's frightening to note that a recent investigation by the FAA "...determined that of the 343,000 aircraft registered probably 104,000 were ineligible for FAA registration." :( MEMO from Tom Whelen:The Federal Aviation Administration will promulgate a final rule requiringU.S. owners of aircraft (with "N"

Guest zacharace

Interesting; had no idea this was such a pertinent problem. I wonder how many will re-register.

Interesting; had no idea this was such a pertinent problem. I wonder how many will re-register.
I would guess that quite a few of the estimated 104,000 that may be inelgible for registration include quite a few a/c that're unairworthy, rusted out hulks sitting in old barns, hangers, grass fields, garages, et cetera. :( Whatever the proximate cause however, it does point out the sloth extant within the entrenched bureaucracy of the FAA... :(

I received this from the TBM700 Owner's Group of which I'm a member. It's frightening to note that a recent investigation by the FAA "...determined that of the 343,000 aircraft registered probably 104,000 were ineligible for FAA registration." :( MEMO from Tom Whelen:The Federal Aviation Administration will promulgate a final rule requiringU.S. owners of aircraft (with "N"