Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rickie Welsh

fs9 md11

hello all, i did a flight on the fs9 md11 to KAUS (austin texas) loaded fmc radio nav with star BLEWE1 rw17R 110.95/173 which agrees with airac 0908 in Myairplane.com. at the appropriate time i clicked app/land and land armed did not appear, thinking i might have made an error along the way, i repeated the flight as before and the same thing happened no land armed. i then went into fs9 airport plan for KAUS and noted the ils for rw17r is 110.3. does this mean there is a conflict between fs9 airport data and the navigraph airac data for airport ils frequencies at KAUS and other airports similarly with ils frequency variations to the appropriate airacs. my reading of the situation as stated is that fs9 airport data takes precedence over the airac data. this might interest Dan Downs. rrichard welsh.

The airac data is up to date, fs isn't in some cases Richard - It was when it came out but the real world has moved on. You'll find errors at KLAX too and a few others.Also a few runways have been added as well and a couple of airports.John Ellison

Richard, you are in my neck of the woods now that you are talking about KAUS.Unless you have updated the scenery or AFCAD, out of date ILS freqs and courses are common place in both FS9 and FSX. The navdata is current, so the solution is to manually tune the ILS to match the obsolete scenery or update the scenery to match current data. Either way works. It is not a conflict, per se, just gotta decide which world you want: Microsoft's "as real as it gets" or realistic.Current cycle is 0909 by the way.

Richard, you are in my neck of the woods now that you are talking about KAUS.Unless you have updated the scenery or AFCAD, out of date ILS freqs and courses are common place in both FS9 and FSX. The navdata is current, so the solution is to manually tune the ILS to match the obsolete scenery or update the scenery to match current data. Either way works. It is not a conflict, per se, just gotta decide which world you want: Microsoft's "as real as it gets" or realistic.Current cycle is 0909 by the way.
hi John and Dan, thanks for your replies, i take it that to be on the safe side, a check of the current airac ils data on an airport chart should be compared with the ils data in the fs 9 airport data plan to make sure both are the same. i suppose its a bit fiddly but better safe than sorry. its a subject i have never seen brought up in the forum yet i expect some novice simmers must at some time experienced this. richard welsh

I learned the hard way to check before flight with the FS map to be sure runways exist, after a long flight to Singapore (I think, it was more than three days ago) and lined up on an approach that didn't exist to a runway that didn't exist. If it is just an ILS freq, that can be fixed on the fly by manually tuning to the FS freq/course.

I learned the hard way to check before flight with the FS map to be sure runways exist, after a long flight to Singapore (I think, it was more than three days ago) and lined up on an approach that didn't exist to a runway that didn't exist. If it is just an ILS freq, that can be fixed on the fly by manually tuning to the FS freq/course.
hi Dan, i am 72years old, just mentioned it to put things into perspective, and just started simming when i reached retiral age. just for the fun of it i downloaded Lee Swordy afcad and went into KAUS and after some footering about i managed to alter the ils frequency for runway 17R as 110.95 placed the bgl into addon scenery and lo and behold it changed in fs9 airport plan. i felt really chuffed. but i expect in future i will compare arrival airport data in the airac with fs9 airport plan before departure. richard welsh.

Richard, I still get caught out a few times, even now. It's ongoing with all the changes but I try to keep on top of it if I see a difference...Some of the errors make you laugh though, trees on the runway, buildings across taxiways, runways floating in the air or down in a hole lol.Even the payware ones mess it up on occasion. I expect to find a few more with the J41.John Ellison (guess the 1956 gives it away)