Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman3

J41 CTD

Scott-You are barking up the wrong tree there. The second dll will not be loaded by FSX- that is intentional...You mentioned in an earlier post that you "enabled services."What did you mean by this, specifically? It sounds to me as if you have done some heavy customizing on your machine and possibly disabled some services that the J41 depends upon...Fill me in- we'll help you through it!
Ah, ok. Well I had my logging services turned off, but enabled them to try and debug it a bit, I also noticed that the licensing service was turned off and in manual mode. So I set that to auto and started it. I also enabled the Server service as sometimes that causes issues. That's all I did really. Yes, I run pretty lean. I've used http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm to set my machine up to bare bones/safe config for flight sim.I'm sure we'll figure this out. You guys are quality all the way and I've never been disappointed. I have the 737, 1900, MD-11 and have never had issues.Thanks,Scott

HiSame problem as described - cannot select the aircraft at all, either from the "Fly Now" or from the Menu after starting a flight. Install and Validation gave no errors. Reinstalled, but not asked to validate a second time.Running Windows Vista 32 Bit version.Will Email Support.Chris

HelloI also have the "same" problem. The sim crashes (fatal error occurred) when the flight is started. It also does that when i try to change to the J41 in flight.I am using Vista 64 and i am also seeing deflected surfaces in the preview window. I tried switching on the UAC, but that doesn't change anythingI have activated the aircraft and also reinstalled after downloading the file againIn the logbook is the errorSystem - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2009-09-05T09:47:31.000Z EventRecordID 64213 Channel Application Computer xxxx Security - EventData fsx.exe 10.0.61637.0 46fadb14 kernel32.dll 6.0.6002.18005 49e038c0 e06d7363 0001e124 a04 01ca2e0d6de5f0ac I hope this can be resolved thanksJAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

I solved (my slightly different) problem by uninstalling, reinstalling and deleting FSX.CFG (well moving both of these files out of the folder). Works fine - onwards with engine fire(s)!Chris.

I solved (my slightly different) problem by uninstalling, reinstalling and deleting FSX.CFG (well moving both of these files out of the folder). Works fine - onwards with engine fire(s)!Chris.
Good news, Chris! Thanks for posting your solution. Enjoy!

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi that didn't work for me. When i let FSX rebuild the FSX.CFG it already crashes in the preview window (only when i select the J41). I restored the "old" FSX.CFG and the problem is exactly as before.So maybe it has something to do with the CFG file?regards JAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

Woo hoo. Deleted my fsx.cfg and it works! I was careful to say no to every installed module except fsuipc.Now it would be good to figure out where the incompatibility is. I suspect Ultimate Traffic 2. I would think it's either that or the MD11.

Scott, I am glad you (kinda) sorted it out.