Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Dual Head 2 Go Question...

Hello All,Well, I finally have my second monitor and Dual Head 2 Go in place and working after a few frustrating attempts to get it all running. I like the effect of the VC across both monitors and the "extra information" that you get, but the one thing that is really bugging me is how the centerline of the runway/taxiway falls right in the middle of the two monitor bezels. I assigned buttons to my yoke to move the eyepoint in the VC left and right (so that important gauges aren't split between the monitors), but there doesn't seem to be a way to "manipulate" the outside view left or right. I have the analoge version of DH2Go, so I don't have the luxury of the "bezel management" feature that the digital version offers. Any work-arounds for this?? Thanks!Paul

Hey Paul, I just got the didtal version, but you dont get bezel management with it, only on the triple head digital. To be honest, i am a bit dissapointed i did not research it a bit better before hand, and get 3 20 inch monitors and the triple. The bar in the middle is really offputting.What frame rates do you get? i am running 2 24 inch monitors and i am often down below 10FPS. Which is crap really with a GTX295. At the moment I have disconnected it, the performance hit and the bezel issue are just too much...There is a reply to my thread here on this forum in which it is explained about running different views on multiple monitors, so i am going to try that instead...cheers, Mark

Actually, I have changed my graphics card to a GTX295, due to image quality and performance issues with the new Radeon 4850X2 I had recently installed.Since I have installed this, it works very well, but I would like to report a strange thing> After I first connected the matrox unit again, it autromatically displayed over the 2 monitors, at a res of 1024 x 768. Then a message came on screen saying that powerdesk needed to reststart to apply the settings. I did not restsrt at that time however. I started FSx, selected 3840 x 1200 and ran up the sim. I was getting perfect smooth panning and frame rates of 30 -60 !!!! Needless to say I was amazed.I then quit FSX and reststarted, also reset my .cfg file. When I tried FSX again, the frame rates had gone down to approx 20 -30, but, still the super smooth panning and lightning quick without any slowdown. In fact of you had turned off the frame rate counter, I would never have guessed the rate was that low. I am just wondering if there is some combination of resolution settings between the matrox software, FSX and the desktop, that allows maximum performance.Certainly now, the set up is completely usable and performing very well.Just goes to show what difference the right card makes.cheers,Mark

Hello All,Well, I finally have my second monitor and Dual Head 2 Go in place and working after a few frustrating attempts to get it all running. I like the effect of the VC across both monitors and the "extra information" that you get, but the one thing that is really bugging me is how the centerline of the runway/taxiway falls right in the middle of the two monitor bezels. I assigned buttons to my yoke to move the eyepoint in the VC left and right (so that important gauges aren't split between the monitors), but there doesn't seem to be a way to "manipulate" the outside view left or right. I have the analoge version of DH2Go, so I don't have the luxury of the "bezel management" feature that the digital version offers. Any work-arounds for this?? Thanks!Paul
Using Digital DualHead2Go with 2x28" TFT at 3840x1200 overall on GTX280 - can almost always get 30FPS with all settings, tweaks and add-ons maxed out...I know that to move the viewpoint in the 2D panel you set the eye position in the aircraft.cfg and then a relative offset VIEW_FOREWARD_EYE=X,Y,Z parameter in the panel.cfg. Is there not an equivalent for the VC? I don't use the VC much so didn't encounter this problem so far...Geoff