Sign in to follow this  
scott967

AI ATC ground in FS2K4

We've been hearing and seeing a lot about the "eye candy" that is going to be available in FS2K4 (anybody besides me, getting tired of hearing about the clouds?)and some hints about the ATC as it applies to flying. I can't recall hearing anything, if there has been any changes to the ground ATC. I think I would be correct, if I said this has been a major issue in FS2K2. Has taxi path finding been improved ...do aircraft still get stuck nose to nose? We have heard about multiple runway use, but have they found a solution to landing aircraft being able to cross active runways without getting jammed up? (KATL, KLAX, etc.) Creating multiple runways are no big deal in FS2K2 now. Getting them to work properly is something else. Has taxi speeds been addressed or do I still need an AI speed .dll? We've heard that pushback has been included, but how about parking? Do I still need AFACD, RAFCAD? There are other issues, but you get the drift. If this has been addressed somewhere, I would love to hear about it.Anybody else interested in this subject or am I a lone voice in the wilderness (keep the flames friendly please)?Just a few friendly thoughts. Fitz

good pointi heard somewhere although multiple runways are in use, the AI still land on one runwaylike in KLAX 24L and 25L would be landing in real life, but 2004 only use 25R.:-(

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I suspect I already know the answers to my questions, but I was hoping for at least some modest improvements. One of the frustrating aspects of the FS series is MS not releasing the AI/ATC SDK's, but I realize that this is the "meat and potatoes" of their program and don't want to share it. One would think, that with the number of software add on's dealing with realistic airport operation's, this would have been looked at. However, I also realize that there is a limit that I can expect for $50. I guess I couldn't survive with my daily dose of AFCAD, anyway. Sort of like searching for the Holy Grail of taxiways. LOL. And yes, I will be first in line clutching my grubby money to purchase the long awaited patch for FS2K2. (Now that should get a few bricks tossed my way!) Fitz

Guest hoohah

I'll toss a foam brick at you...lolIt's not really a patch per se, as much as it is a "Feature Pack". I am looking forward to the new clouds and weather engine. I've grown tired of the feeling that the cumulous are always following me around when I can see that the sky is clear "over there". And I'm hoping for more of a FU3 flying "feel". I use RC for IFR flying exclusively, but I'm anxious to see how the new ATC engine compares (same goes for FS Meteo and weather, RealityXP and the Garmin units). AI is what it is, and they are going to be working on that one for a while. My biggest hope, though, is that MSoft let this version ride for a while and start to work on a new FLIGHT (and ground) DYNAMICS ENGINE, AND AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS SIM for the next version. But I may be a lone voice shouting in the wilderness on that one...-Edwin King (hoo?)--------------------------------------------------"Sooner or later I rub everybody the wrong way..." -- Jack Burton--------------------------------------------------

>> Do I still need AFACD, RAFCAD?Apparently AFCAD will no longer work. Currently, the data that AFCAD modifies (airport facility data) is consolidated into regional files in their own folder. in FS9, facility data will be moved back into the scenery BGLs. This way, and addon scenery can write an exclude for the default facility data and substitute its own data. My impression, is that AFCAD will have to be modified to compile the facility BGL data, with the required excludes, and the resulting files installed into scenery.cfg like other addon scenery. I assume it will work like NAVAIDs work in FS8. Also, the NAVAIDs probably won't be duplicated in the facility data. (I'm just guessing here, but that makes sense as the current situation where you have to modify a NAVAID in two places doesn't make sense.) Addons which read the facility files (like Airport's Chart Viewer, or I think Nav 3.1) will have to be redone or abandoned.scott s..