Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

ELITE KingAir Throttle Quadrant and JS41

Hello to all,first of all I am thrilled by the beauty of the great JS41! The more I am shocked to be not able to use my hardware I have, like sum of Goflight modules (I know keymapping is discussed enough and I hope the devs take a serious look into that "problem") and my beloved ELITE KingAir Throttle Quadrant.I have some difficulties to use this device at all. My questions are as followed:1.) Does anyone also has this Quadrant and got it fully working (or not) ?!?2.) I cannot give "full power" by the power - levers, the engines spool up and torque goes up to 75 and back to 50 and again up to 75 and so on. I have them calibrated fine. The same with my Condition levers, they are also "flickering" like the power - levers. The levers also don

Best regards and happy simming!Andreas
Sorry forgot to sign in with FULL name :( Andreas Kroder

Just a small point Andreas... you have a signature with your full name... there is no point double signing...Andrew

Just a small point Andreas... you have a signature with your full name... there is no point double signing...Andrew
Sure, just added the signature after that all to have it done by that :( ... back to topic .... any input to my problem ?

Andrew, you too :(

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Andy,I don't recall anyone mentioning the Elite King Air TQ during testing. I have one, but had to set it on the shelf when I moved to a 64-bit operating system. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

The Elite throttle quad in short will not work as well as your PFC, Saitek, CH Products or even the GoFlight quadrants. Please keep in mind that Elite's quadrant was designed primarily for Elite products which has its own logic board internally which communicates primarily with the UCI (universal control interface) box which acts like a key lock for all of the Elite aircraft modules. Unlike other quadrants that will allow FSUIPC to interact/control parameters, Elite on the other hand is not that giving. It does communicate with FSUIPC but does not give you the flexibility to change parameters. Instead, Elite's software programmers designed the logic to do most of the talking with FSUIPC. Some aircraft that have system logic implemented where throttles are involved whether they be auto or manual do not work well with the Elite quadrant (e.g. F1 ATR and the LevelD 767). Some of the issues I have had are engine surges during taxi, takeoff, cruise and landing or inaccurate throttle positioning due to auto throttle systems. The other down side is the inability to assign other axises, as in the case of the Majestic Software Dash 8 where one has to manually assign the power levers and condition levers to the 3rd and 4th axises because of the ECU system logic implementation. All that said it is a very good device depending on what type of aircraft you fly within the FS9/FSX world (default aircraft Aeroworx KA200, DA Cheyenne, Aerosoft Twin Otter, PMDG737 etc). I have since then switched over to a PFC quadrant for which I am very happy with the results.I hope I was able to somewhat help with your question.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Andy,I don't recall anyone mentioning the Elite King Air TQ during testing. I have one, but had to set it on the shelf when I moved to a 64-bit operating system. Sorry.
Hello dear Kurt!you might recall me from the B200 testing Batting%20Eyelashes.gif ... long long time ago. I think I was the first to introduce the ELITE Quadrant :( these days.As I will definately switch to Windows 7 64-bit, does that mean I have to kick the ELITE Quad cause of driver issues ?!?! :( oh boy ....I hope you are well and best wishes from me here! (AndreasEDDN)

..... I have since then switched over to a PFC quadrant for which I am very happy with the results ...
I thank you much for that long and clear info! You said, you use a PFC quadrant now and are happy with that ... do these PFC

The ELITE TQ's work with VISTA 64-bit; the drivers were updated back in July-August. I use the Kingair ELITE for the Aeroworx B200 in FS9, and the ELITE MEL TQ for the RealAir Duke in FSX; both in VISTA 64-bit.I'm wondering about ELITE compatibility with Windows 7 64-bit? Les Parson

The issue is not whether the Elite quadrant works in FS9 or FSX but with the JS41 specifically.Regarding compatibility with Windows 7 32bit/64bit Elite will have to create a new driver, which I do not know if they have began testing. Check the Elite forums under Flight Simulator 2002, 2004, FSX

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos