Sign in to follow this  
boeingqa9

Start Locks

Paul,What beta problem?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

l have it displayed in green, left beta and right beta.. l dont know how to get rid of it.Thx budPaull love this plane but ready to give up.. thxPaul

Paul,Is this all the time? WHat happens if you push the condition levers to FLIGHT (full forward) and then push the power levers forward?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

condition lever say flight or something like that... when l apply the power it goes out and l get an alarm sound in red and just says config. l`ve checked everthing but all is well.. driving me crazy heheheeThx bud for all your help its greatPaul

OK...So, the beta lights go out when the condition levers are in flight and the power levers are pushed forward? That's normal.The alerter is not normal, and that's what I was talking about earlier. You need to check those things I listed before, when you get into configuration for takeoff. What may get you is that the RPMs are not at 100%. Make sure your controller is calibrated properly, and when you advance the condition levers and then the power levers, make sure the RPM is 100% and nothing less.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

are u talking about the throttle needs to be applied forward before l push forward the condition levers?Thx budPaul

l`m wondering, after l apply the rev thrust to unlock the stop locks.. is the props going back to the original setup?l noticed the EGT goes crazy after l apply the throttle after it reaches approx 600 l get boxes. and it flashes.Hope this helps a littleThanksPaul

You should only pull the throttles back to inside the hashed area more or less. All the way back will most certainly cause an overtemp!!FRED

Tried again... from cold and dark.. starting with no problems.. but did noticed RPM`s at 100 l thought this is high.maybe this is my problem. what could cause all of this?Many ThxPaul

Paul,I'm lost. I'm told that Mercury is in retrograde, which astrologers will tell you is the cause of all sorts of miscommunication. I have absolutely no idea what you're doing.At this point, all I can do is point you to the "J41 Engine Start Guide" sticky post at the top of this forum, to my earlier posts in this thread, and to the "PMDG_J41_PILOT_TUTORIAL.pdf" and "PMDG_J41_AOM.pdf" files included with your J41 installation.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Guys dont know whats going on but its all working.l loaded up the default flight in the jetstream41 then loaded the airport... Did the same thing and it worked.l think it must have been a bad save that l did at another airport.Might have to load the default tutorial the just load airport.l hope PMDG release a good cold and dark in the new service pack.Thanks to all u guys that helpedPaul

Guest SanAir

I am trying to get the complete picture about start locks. I allready found very usefull information in this posts, and also the AOM and pilot tutorial, but I feel like I am missing something.What I came up with so far (please correct me where I go wrong on this) 1) When stopping the engines, the proper procedure must be followed to put the props in Start Lock. 2) During cockpit prep I need to move (check) the lever range. Doesn't this remove the start locks? 3) During Turn Check I need to move the levers again. AOM says the ground start position is when the reverse cap lights extinguish. But this is not according to the 'ground start' indication next to the lever. So do I need to look at the inidcation or at the reverse lights?4) When beginning a new flight, you are never sure that the props where left in Start Lock position when the engines where shut down. So therefore the Engine Start procedure tells you to check if the props are in start lock. I had some engine start problems with the JS41 PMDG tutorial flight and therefore it looks to me that the start locks are off when loading this tutorial flight, but I don't know where to look at. How do I know if start locks are on/off?5) If start locks are off, you must put them on prior to engine start. I am not sure what is the proper procedure for this. Do I need to use "unfeather"?6) After engine start, I need to remove the start lock.During each step, there are some critical lever conditions (condition/power), and how to move them (quick/slow) but I am confused about these. My Quadrant isn't really helpfull since it has a very firm idle position, I overshoot the critical lever positions all the time so I need to use F2 F3. Anyway, am I on the right track here?Thanks,Sander B.