Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Decrease in display quality

Guest EGT_

Hi there,In the attached image, you can see that the runway markings (taxi way lines, distance runway lights.. etc ) are very "jaggy". I've noticed from the air, looking down on a runway it looks very jaggy as well. Only recently have I noticed this. I

Hi EGT,to ged rid of the jaggies you have to enable antialiasing (AA). The higher the AA setting the better the quality. You can control AA either from within FS or from the display control tab of your OS (sorry don't know the english terms for this, I think it is properties...Besides I strongly recommend tu use a tweaking utility, e. g. Riva Tuner, which you can download from www.guru3d.comBTW, be aware that the higher AA the lower the fps.Wolfgang

Guest EGT_

Hmmm...That's the scary thing, Antialiasing is on under the FS option and under the GeForce tweaking utility, its set to the highest level also.oh dear :-zhelp:-badteeth

Guest nutmeat

Turn off the FS Antialiasing and let the "outside" settings take over. This should fix the problem.nutmeat

Your picture appears to have 2xAA applied which may be all your card can handle at that resolution.. if so, the horizontal lines will seem smoothed out, but the vertical lines still jagged.This is something you may have to live with unless you get a card that can go to 4xAA with acceptable performance.

Bert