Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Uploads Restored but...........

Yup, we can transfer your old download counts to the new file. But the date will be the current one you re-uploaded in, we can't transfer this data unfortunately. Also we can't play around with the images, you need to re-upload those along with your work.EDIT:So if you are replacing some of your missing/corrupt files, re-upload them along with the images, let us know (in the 'Notes to Library Manager' field) what entry you're replacing (give us the filename and Download ID) and we will then transfer the download counts from there to your new file and delete the old non-functioning entry.
Ah that's great news! I will then systematically re-upload the affected file listings of mine as recommended. Thanks for clearing this up. :)Best regards,Philip.

I tried to download a file just now and it was "unavailable" and apparently "We are still working on restoring some files.", I followed the link to this thread, which says "Please try again after we announce the library is fully operational.". Then there's news from the Library Director, "back to a normal state".So what's the deal exactly? Is this it as far as recovering files is concerned? Do we need to start reporting them as we come across them, so you can remove them and maybe notify the uploader?:(

Mike...

Phil, yes, there is a way. Simply re-upload the file, but make sure to tell the library managers by using the "notes to lib manager" function what file number it is replacing. That way, the can delete the previous entry and reduce or eliminate confusion amongst the library members.
Well I tried that. I used the 'notes to lib manager' asking for the DL stats to continue. The pics never showed up and the DL stats started at 0. There was no ID as the original file was 'lost'. I uploaded the zip again and by this time the old 'missing' file had been deleted. Problem solved except a new DL stat.So just what is the correct proceedure in replacing the 'lost' files?

Well I tried that. I used the 'notes to lib manager' asking for the DL stats to continue. The pics never showed up and the DL stats started at 0. There was no ID as the original file was 'lost'. I uploaded the zip again and by this time the old 'missing' file had been deleted. Problem solved except a new DL stat.So just what is the correct proceedure in replacing the 'lost' files?
You've done nothing wrong (thank you for re-uploading), a mistake must have happened during the replacement process. You can give me your old download count and the Download ID and filename of your file and I will update its DL stats for you.

You've done nothing wrong (thank you for re-uploading), a mistake must have happened during the replacement process. You can give me your old download count and the Download ID and filename of your file and I will update its DL stats for you.
Thanks for the info. I don't know the Download ID as the file was missing so no info was available and now the old file has been deleted I can't remember what the DL stat was either.:( The important thing is getting the lost files replaced, which I will do but 'I maybe some time' :(

Well, same problem here. I re-uploaded four files that relate to each other and were originally released at the same time last year. I made a note in each upload, 'note to lib', that it was a re-upload and needs to replace the relevant original file ID number while transfering the download stats etc. Instead, three of the four files are showing with the stats reset to zero, and the other seems to have the stats carried over, but is not showing the preview images and thumbnail. Now what is very interesting is that the three original listings (the one that is missing is the one that is showing now with the retained stats but missing images) are all showing their preview images all of a sudden. So that tells me that the original file listings could have been rectified indeed.Now, I have sent two emails to the library managers and have yet to receive a reply and solution. The last email I sent was after I had conversed with Tom Allensworth via PM asking me to send all my correspondence with him to the library managers - that was Thursday last week...During the process of the re-upload of these four files I noticed that there was a problem with the uploaded preview images not staying in order of upload, even after a few attempts. In the past couple of days I have seen a number of file listings with missing images (oops - file not found) as well as images in random orders.What can be done to solve this problem?Best regards,Philip.

I've started re uploading my 'lost' files and now have a problem where the zip file exists but the images don't. Do I have to upload the whole thing again ie: thumbnail,2 images and the zip?I'm now also getting source file warnings after trying to upload a thumbnail and an 'ooops' where the new thumbnail should be. So for now I've had to stop all new uploads.

I've started re uploading my 'lost' files and now have a problem where the zip file exists but the images don't. Do I have to upload the whole thing again ie: thumbnail,2 images and the zip?I'm now also getting source file warnings after trying to upload a thumbnail and an 'ooops' where the new thumbnail should be. So for now I've had to stop all new uploads.
I am sorry for the problems but the library has had a technical fault and is down for repair. There is an announcement on the main page:************File Library NOTAMPosted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 8:23Please be advised the file library is currently down for a quick repair. We are aware of a minor glitch in the library coding and are working diligently to reinstate full functionality. Thank you in advance for your patience and please do check back soon.************This all happened after I went off-line yesterday so I have no more information. Hopefully it will all be back to normal soon.
Well, same problem here. I re-uploaded four files that relate to each other and were originally released at the same time last year. I made a note in each upload, 'note to lib', that it was a re-upload and needs to replace the relevant original file ID number while transfering the download stats etc. Instead, three of the four files are showing with the stats reset to zero, and the other seems to have the stats carried over, but is not showing the preview images and thumbnail. Now what is very interesting is that the three original listings (the one that is missing is the one that is showing now with the retained stats but missing images) are all showing their preview images all of a sudden. So that tells me that the original file listings could have been rectified indeed.Now, I have sent two emails to the library managers and have yet to receive a reply and solution. The last email I sent was after I had conversed with Tom Allensworth via PM asking me to send all my correspondence with him to the library managers - that was Thursday last week...During the process of the re-upload of these four files I noticed that there was a problem with the uploaded preview images not staying in order of upload, even after a few attempts. In the past couple of days I have seen a number of file listings with missing images (oops - file not found) as well as images in random orders.What can be done to solve this problem?Best regards,Philip.
Philip,I am sorry to hear of these problems. Give me all the Download ID's and filenames of your affected files, and let me know exactly what you want done and I will try to assist as best as I can after the library comes back on-line. From what you've said it seems your corrupt entries were not deleted before your replacement files were processed and then the corrupt entries were left on the system as well. The two entries could have merged or affect each other somehow and this could be the root of the problem. I am not sure if this is the case because I did not process your specific files so I don't know what's happened.Let me know all the file details and I will try to sort this out ASAP after the library comes back on-line, sorry for these problems.