Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Uploads Restored but...........

It is certainly great news that Uploads to the Library function has been restored.BUT............ there are still a great many files listed that return a "file is missing" error message when you attempt to download them.Here is but one example:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=124963Are these to be reported or will they somehow be automatically removed by the Library staff?Hope this will be clarified as many are confused. :(

I defer this question to the library team. Those files are gone, sorry. It's up to them how they wish to proceed. We'll assist in their decision, but, they are corrupted and need to be removed. We're working on getting the delete function back, then the authors can re-upload if they have the file.Considering the scope of the hack and what occurred, this is still a minimal problem compared to what COULD have happened!

And this one:cs_b757_panel.zip

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

If in a case where the file is lost or "gone", is there a way for it to be restored by the original author if the file is resent? The idea being that the original file listing and download stats remain intact. This also includes the chance of being able to resend missing thumbnails and pics etc... For instance, there are a number of my later releases that seem to be amongst the corrupted files - I still have all of my original release files so could submit them with ease as well as the thumbnails and pics. The others that seem to still be there are just missing their above mentioned pics, could make them available to restore too. Obviously I realise that this is a lot of work since I am sure there are many people in the same boat as me. If there was a way for original authors to "edit" their file listings of course this would easily solve the problem - that is if the library software would allow for this.Anyway, my thanks goes out to the Avsim team and all involved in getting things back up and running! Some new files from me heading to the library soon! :)Best regards,Philip.

If in a case where the file is lost or "gone", is there a way for it to be restored by the original author if the file is resent? The idea being that the original file listing and download stats remain intact. This also includes the chance of being able to resend missing thumbnails and pics etc... For instance, there are a number of my later releases that seem to be amongst the corrupted files - I still have all of my original release files so could submit them with ease as well as the thumbnails and pics. The others that seem to still be there are just missing their above mentioned pics, could make them available to restore too. Obviously I realise that this is a lot of work since I am sure there are many people in the same boat as me. If there was a way for original authors to "edit" their file listings of course this would easily solve the problem - that is if the library software would allow for this.Anyway, my thanks goes out to the Avsim team and all involved in getting things back up and running! Some new files from me heading to the library soon! :)Best regards,Philip.
Phil, yes, there is a way. Simply re-upload the file, but make sure to tell the library managers by using the "notes to lib manager" function what file number it is replacing. That way, the can delete the previous entry and reduce or eliminate confusion amongst the library members.

Phil, yes, there is a way. Simply re-upload the file, but make sure to tell the library managers by using the "notes to lib manager" function what file number it is replacing. That way, the can delete the previous entry and reduce or eliminate confusion amongst the library members.
Hi Tom,Thank you for your reply! So if I am understanding correctly, I re-upload these files and inform the library manager which file ID they are replacing it will restore the missing files, images and retain the current download stats and original release dates? It would be awesome if this is indeed possible. :)Best regards,Philip.

Hi Tom,Thank you for your reply! So if I am understanding correctly, I re-upload these files and inform the library manager which file ID they are replacing it will restore the missing files, images and retain the current download stats and original release dates? It would be awesome if this is indeed possible. :)Best regards,Philip.
You need to reupload the files and images, and no, it will be resetting all dates and downloads to start with the new (reuploaded) file.

You need to reupload the files and images, and no, it will be resetting all dates and downloads to start with the new (reuploaded) file.
Thanks Tom! :)Best regards,Philip.

Yup, we can transfer your old download counts to the new file. But the date will be the current one you re-uploaded in, we can't transfer this data unfortunately. Also we can't play around with the images, you need to re-upload those along with your work.EDIT:So if you are replacing some of your missing/corrupt files, re-upload them along with the images, let us know (in the 'Notes to Library Manager' field) what entry you're replacing (give us the filename and Download ID) and we will then transfer the download counts from there to your new file and delete the old non-functioning entry.

Will it be possible to be informed again via email about last days' uploaded files?That was a really great notification habit and I loved it.CheersChristian

Cheers, Christian

Will it be possible to be informed again via email about last days' uploaded files?That was a really great notification habit and I loved it.CheersChristian
Now that we have new files coming in, I am sure this function will be coming back on-line real soon (if its not already).

That would be great! :( I haven't received a mail yet but perhaps it's online tomorrow... (Or do I have to register for that service again? Where is that possible?)

Cheers, Christian

The listserv was already in our minds last night as we were working on this. We're going to be replacing it with something newer, with a newer version. Unfortunately this means you will need to re-register. We will definatley let you know on the front page when this is ready.

That would be great! :( I haven't received a mail yet but perhaps it's online tomorrow... (Or do I have to register for that service again? Where is that possible?)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Thanks for your prompt statement!!! It's highly appreciated and I'll keep an eye on your frontpage to take full advantage of all of your great service.Thanks a lot.Christian

Cheers, Christian

I can't see one, but is there a place that members of the community can ask the general membership to reupload certain files? I've been looking for the Falklands 2007 scenery for FSX for some time, and I can't find it anywhere but AVSim. I'm willing to be patient, but is there a way we can request a re-upload of this? Thanks!Scenery link: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=104853