Sign in to follow this  
mattcartin1990

PMDG 747 HELP! Please!

Long story short, I input my route into the fmc, and after takeoff, i select the LNAV. The airplane flies the specified route, but when it passes the VOR's, it keeps going, without registering that it has ever actually passed it... It heads on, flying the pink route line, but never actually changes my active leg from the first VOR.. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!~Matthew Cartin

This comes up often. The usual problem is your course from the runway to the first fix is not within intercept angle. An easy fix is to use HDG to line up on an approximate course to the fix, then reset the LNAV segment to fix by selecting the fix twice on the LEGS page and EXEC and change from HDG to LNAV.

Dan Downs KCRP

This comes up often. The usual problem is your course from the runway to the first fix is not within intercept angle. An easy fix is to use HDG to line up on an approximate course to the fix, then reset the LNAV segment to fix by selecting the fix twice on the LEGS page and EXEC and change from HDG to LNAV.
That didn't work... I'm not sure if we are on the same page... The aircraft flies the route, with the LNAV on, it flies along the pink route, all the way to my destination... The only problem is that it isn't registering that it has passed the first fix or VOR. it counts down the miles until I reach the first VOR, and it simply passes it, as it should, but doesn't change to the next fix. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!!~Matthew Cartin

We need a screen shot of the 2D panel before and after the fix passage.

Dan Downs KCRP

There's probably a discontinuity on the legs page. Check it out and report back!

Something's definitely wrong there - there's no time prediction on the ND, it's just hash marks. Need to see the FMC's LEGS page while this is going on...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok, here are the screenies again... this time I had the LEGS page on my FMC opened up.... All looks fine to me, let me know what you think. Thanks!~Matthew Cartin

No, only because I usually don't set that.. I only program a route, and I usually do the altitude and speed by the autopilot knobs. I did activate and execute though, right after Iprogrammed in the route. Thanks. ~Matthew Cartin

No, only because I usually don't set that.. I only program a route, and I usually do the altitude and speed by the autopilot knobs. I did activate and execute though, right after Iprogrammed in the route. Thanks. ~Matthew Cartin
Matthew,I think that answers your question. If you want the ND and the FMC to work as they are suppose to, you should follow all the FMC programming steps in the checklists.

On a tangent, but perhaps I haven't flown the 747 recently enough. Shouldn't the FMA say ALT HOLD instead of just ALT?Paul
I believe ALT HOLD is a VNAV mode (or at least is triggered by an interrupted VNAV climb/descent). He does not have VNAV on.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/