Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Vox ATC and Win7 64 bit

Tried installing as admin. Tried installing as Vista compatible. With each attempt I get the error message as stated above. No log present to view to see which file it states it is unable to find. Which version of Windows 7 do you have it installed?

Tried installing as admin. Tried installing as Vista compatible. With each attempt I get the error message as stated above. No log present to view to see which file it states it is unable to find. Which version of Windows 7 do you have it installed?
I have it installed on Win7 64 bit Home Premium

I'm using Home Premium Upgrade Windows 7 64bit. Is yours the upgrade Version? If it's the same version then this doesn't make any sense why it would install in one and not the other. Are you using VOXATC 5.63 non-speech pack version? I even did a reinstall of windows 7 just to be sure something didn't get corrupted in the first install.

I'm using Home Premium Upgrade Windows 7 64bit. Is yours the upgrade Version? If it's the same version then this doesn't make any sense why it would install in one and not the other. Are you using VOXATC 5.63 non-speech pack version? I even did a reinstall of windows 7 just to be sure something didn't get corrupted in the first install.
I too used the upgrade version of Home Premium as well as the 5.63 installer and it works as advertised.Are you sure you used the correct installer as there are two in the download.This is the readme: VoxATC X Version 5.63If you are installing VoxATC on Windows Vista, run setup.exe not VASetup.msi. after installation, ensure that you select a US English compatible voice recognition engine (see VoxATC X help). Craig

Yes, I used the 5.63 version with the setup.exe and the setup.msi. Used the setup.exe. Beginning to think maybe I have a corrupted version of Windows 7? I finally heard from the creators of VOXATC and they verified the program is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. Wish there was some way to import from another system. Would have to figure out how to do a system registry though.What directory did you install FSX and VOXATC?

Ok, Finally got VOXATC to install. I had to let the install run to the point of doing the commit, but instead of closing the commit window after selecting the the aircraft I had to shut windows down and reboot. Before, every time I tried to close the commit window the program would uninstall itself. Do not have a clue as to why I had to do the install in this manner.

Ok, Finally got VOXATC to install. I had to let the install run to the point of doing the commit, but instead of closing the commit window after selecting the the aircraft I had to shut windows down and reboot. Before, every time I tried to close the commit window the program would uninstall itself. Do not have a clue as to why I had to do the install in this manner.
Thought I had it solved. When I booted up this morning VOXATC had uninstalled itself. Back to square one.

Thought I had it solved. When I booted up this morning VOXATC had uninstalled itself. Back to square one.
I Think I have a solution. Do you have IE8 Installed and active. I'm guessing not. You have to reactivate IE8 for VOXATC to install. The last file in the install is a html page that'll only open on IE. Do this and everything will install fine. Once your done, uninstall IE8 again.Best Wishes,Jess B :(

I Think I have a solution. Do you have IE8 Installed and active. I'm guessing not. You have to reactivate IE8 for VOXATC to install. The last file in the install is a html page that'll only open on IE. Do this and everything will install fine. Once your done, uninstall IE8 again.Best Wishes,Jess B :(
Yes, I finally figured that out. I reinstalled IE, did the install of VOXATC without issue. Thanks for the reply