Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Problem using ASA with FSX in network

Hi,No I can't be certain the problem is on the client.But going from RC to gold of Win 7 has changed something on your network.I can say that others have successfully used Win 7 to set things up with a network and ASA. I won't even consider it because I like my XP too much.Thanks,

Hi,No I can't be certain the problem is on the client.But going from RC to gold of Win 7 has changed something on your network.I can say that others have successfully used Win 7 to set things up with a network and ASA. I won't even consider it because I like my XP too much.Thanks,
So what can we conclude for certain from the info I have supplied and what should I do?

Hi,I can conclude that something on your network is not set up correctly. There are no other reports of networking issues using Windows 7 and ASA, here, at our forum, or through e-mail.You should review all networking settings, configuration file settings, and security settings. Without physically being able to sit at your network there is only so much I can do from here.Thanks,

Hi,I can conclude that something on your network is not set up correctly. There are no other reports of networking issues using Windows 7 and ASA, here, at our forum, or through e-mail.You should review all networking settings, configuration file settings, and security settings. Without physically being able to sit at your network there is only so much I can do from here.Thanks,
From what you wrote earlier 'that Simconnect never connects to FSX' I suppose the problem must be related with SimConnect. Can we say or test if it is Simconnect on the client or on the server that won't connect to FSX? Or could it be the client SimConnect that don't connect to the server Simconnect

Hi,That log that is generated is based on the client SimConnect being able to communicate with the server SimConnect.Thanks,

Hi,That log that is generated is based on the client SimConnect being able to communicate with the server SimConnect.Thanks,
First I just wan't to say that I now finally got things working. I use two keyborads since I got two computers and I must have accidentally corrupted both simconnect.xml abd simconnect.cfg. The IP addresse were different and the simconnect.xml started with a number 50. So I find it strange that the client could comminicate with the server at all

Hi,Thanks for letting us know that you got things working!