Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Info re cockpit designer availability

Last post on this subject, honest !Don't forget to copy your plnpile to another folder just in case you mess it up.If I had a UK pound for every time I've done that I would be sending this from Monte Carlo. :(

Thank you for the tutorial. As an experiment, I applied your instructions to the stock Bravo. I wanted to see if it would fix the fsaa "lines in cockpit" and to see if the rec's were attributing to the the problem Lorenz was describing(mouse lag, mouse trails). I have also always had the mouse trail problem and the "lines" when running 4 to 6 fsaa and Flt3_DDFix.Applying the rec-fix has cleared up both problems on the bravo. I have tried it with the Flt3_DDFix.exe. In-flt: 1024x768.I have not applied this to any other aircraft.My desktop:WinXpPro Sp2Amd64 3700+ 2.4ghzDx9cATI Sapphire X1950Pro-512mb agpATT tool set to: 6aa, 16af, v-sync default off, refresh rate same as desktopDesktop: 1152x864x32JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Jim,That's good news, teamwork like this will keep this great sim alive and well. :( Stuart

Applying the rec-fix has cleared up both problems on the bravo. I have tried it with the Flt3_DDFix.exe. In-flt: 1024x768.
Jim, just one thing -- there shouldn't be any reason to run the modified flight3.exe anymore (DDFix) once you've "opened up" all the rects. Hans Petter

Hi All,I noticed that this had been deleted from this thread [ probably during the clean-up after the hack].re-posted in case it's of any use. Regards.StuartStep by step guide to altering cockpit rects in Fu3 aircraft .res files using Cockpit Designer Please note I was not responsible for finding the solution to the cockpit graphics problem, I have just put these notes together for those [ like myself] who are not ‘whizz kids with computers and their related stuff. 1. Download Cockpit Designer from Gideon Pertzov’s website @ gpdev.net

• Unzip to a temporary folder.

• Click on Cockpit Designer icon and then ‘run’.

• Click on Project then New - Give the project name of your choice.

• Browse to the folder where you placed Cockpit Designer and click on Cockpit Design Utility- then click on Projects – click OK.

• Browse to the .res file you want to alter in your FU3 directory- select and Click OK.

• The utility will then extract the relevant cockpit files and will instruct you to click OK to continue.

• A ‘Select view screen’ will then appear- now we alter the ‘rects’ of each view in turn.

• Click on VFR panel and you will see the panel displayed.Now click on the IN tab and you will then see all the rects displayed.

• Click on 3D region and alter the figures to 0,0,799,599 in each box then click on Rect 1 and repeat as 3D region. Delete the other rects [ if any] by clicking on ‘Remove rect’.Click OK.

• Now click on the ‘Select view’ tab [ miniature cockpit to the left of the IN tab] and alter all the other views as above.

• When done exit project and your .res file will be automatically updated. Click OK.

• Delete the project from the Project folder if you don’t need it anymore.

• Job done !

Hi Stuart,Thanks for posting the above again. Having finally got around to installing and fine tuning my new Nvidia card (see post "Windows 7 64 bit") and this has saved me a lot of trouble. Slowly working through all the aircraft .res files I have to get them up to scratch.Appreciated.Andy

Hi Andy- pleased to help and a Happy New Year to you and all.Stuart

Enabling anti-aliasing on the graphics card causes the cockpit in Flight Unlimited 3 to become black (see files "AA off.jpg" vs. "AA on.jpg" at https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B386BBC8A1ADE599!210) and some of the instruments (e.g. the inside of the Trainer's attitude indicator) disappear.

Specifically regarding the affected instruments, these areas only flicker into appearance when they're changing. So e.g. when the Trainer is in flight, the attitude indicator will be showing, but only because it is constantly flickering because it is constantly changing.

All updated patches for the game are installed. Varying AA from 2X to 16X does not resolve the issue. Geforce drivers tested with the game are v266.58, v285.62, v314.22, v320.00 and v320.18 without success.

I have tried the Cockpit Designer solution mentioned above. It removes the problem, but introduces a new one by changing the 3D region such that it is looking upwards (i.e. at a higher angle than normal). I've played around and discovered that if I don't adjust the 3D region, I get my cockpit while the view angle stays normal. However, the issue with the disappeared and flickering instruments remains. Kindly advise.

Also, let me know if you need to see additional pictures or videos.

Regards,

Omar.

My current PC configuration is:
PC: HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower
RAM: Corsair 4 GB
Graphics card: Zotac GeForce GTS 250 ZT-20105-10P
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600
Monitor: HP LE1851w
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Profession1al Series

It is suggested somewhere on this forum to use head_tilt in the configuration file to change the view angle. In this way, the distorted cockpit (including the instrument anomaly) no longer exist with AA when 3D Region and Rect 1 are set to cover the entire screen. However, the head_tilt causes a slight vertical tilting of 3D objects with objects towards the left of center leaning slightly left and those towards the right leaning slightly right. Is there a fix for this as well? I've checked this with the original .res file and the anomaly is caused only by the head_tilt command.