Sign in to follow this  
mebull

MSFS cancels flight plan

Hello all, I have noticed on rare occasions while flying a FS9 IFR flight plan that at some point, after ATC has begun commanding altitude and heading changes for approach, ATC will cancel the flight plan for no apparent reason. Since it is rare it is only a minor nuisance, but I'm curious to know the cause. Any thoughts, ideas, theories or knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I did do the customary search on the AVSIM forums with no luck, so if there is a thread somewhere that I missed please pardon me. One more item; this does not seem to aircraft, scenery, time of day or weather specific.Best regards to all,Mel

I actually had this happen to me on approach to the Anchorage airport not so long ago. ATC took me a good 25-30 miles out (in twin GA) and then canceled IFR...leaving me VFR in sub-VFR conditions. I do have about 100-150 AI GA planes and about 50 commercial AI planes there and there was a long landing line at the time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Happened to me on rare occasion too. Even with a tool like aismooth helping poor old default ATC, I think our third party ai levels are just too much for the program at unpredictable times.

Regards,

Mark

Never happens to me unless I ignore a frequency changeover. I only run about 50% AI with minimal AI installed as to reduce traffic issues though.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Has happened to me on very rare occasions... Usually involves approach control sending me way far out in the wrong direction, then instead of fixing their mistake and vectoring me back again, they just take the easy way out and dump me VFR and wash their hands of me (unless I choose to call back and request IFR again).. There's no apparent set airport or AI traffic conditions involved for me, it's happened when approaching busy and non-busy airports alike...I think it's just a random glitch... But it's so rare (for me) that I just don't worry about it--I'll either just make a VFR approach or request a new IFR flight plan and be done with it..

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE