Sign in to follow this  
Guest 181henry

Quick question about ai

Guest 181henry

Hi alljust a quick questionis world of ai and project ai compatable?i am currently using world of ai in fsx sp2if i add a package from pai would it disrupt other world of ai packages?thanks

Hi alljust a quick questionis world of ai and project ai compatable?i am currently using world of ai in fsx sp2if i add a package from pai would it disrupt other world of ai packages?thanks
Only if it's for the same airline! Else it should be ok! Actually you could have the same airlines, but you would have probably double the amount that would be realistic, and you may also run out of gates to park. The only other issue is you can't mix both AI in FSX format and FS2004. I believe both WOAI and PAI both are FS2004 format, so there ok! If you have any FSX formated AI (Like default) you will have problems. Either disable the FSX format AI (Rename the FSX aircraft traffic file(s)) or convert the WOAI and PAI files to FSX format, using one of the converters available here in the library. I don't use it myself, but I'm sure someone can recommend one to you if you need it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

any hints
This (from the Project AI website) Project AI leads me to believe that the Project AI a/c are in the same format(FS9) as WOAI,so yes the will work togeather....You need to be careful that you do not duplicate flightplans,or you will have two or more a/c flying in tight formation...Sorry,tf51d....You type much faster than I do... :( :(

The only thing I would see is that you could end up with multiple versions of the same model aircraft. That might not be a problem so much as takes up more disk space and creates a bit of clutter (for example, how many different 737-800 winglet models do you need)? It takes some work though if you want to tweak your ai aircraft hanger.scott s..

Guest 181henry

thanks for the hintsanother question - how can i make fsx default ai available again?by using a converter? how?can any of you recommend articles/tutorials on handling ai - e.g.add/edit/change custom ai etc <- if this take too much effort thendon't worry about recommending it (i am in my final year of collage,so i am busy busy :( thanks

thanks for the hintsanother question - how can i make fsx default ai available again?by using a converter? how?can any of you recommend articles/tutorials on handling ai - e.g.add/edit/change custom ai etc <- if this take too much effort thendon't worry about recommending it (i am in my final year of collage,so i am busy busy :( thanks
Yes to use both FSX and FS2004 AI together, you need to convert the FS2004 AI to FSX format.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d