Sign in to follow this  
PilotGW

PMDG 737 is it worth it?

Guest Marvel

Hi I don't buy PMDG737NG so I won't post personal openiun here, but to answer your question I think it is better wait and see. Wait till the reviews come out and better yet, wait to download their manual and see weather it has what you're looking for. That is if you are budget concious. Goodluck with your dicision.

It's most assuredly worth it. HOWEVER, if you have a lower end system, wait till the patch comes out to fix the memory usage problem.

Eric 

Guest Ian Ritchie

Hello,Is it still possible to complete a flight without using the FMC, eg VOR or GPS? (Pref VOR, NDB etc, i'm not too worried about GPS)Thanks,

Ok thanks for the replies. I have a feeling I can handle it. :-roll Cheers! :-hah The gregster has landed! :-wave

Greg Wills

sfo_a320.png

EASA Commercial Pilot License | Multi Engine / Instrument Rating | Flight Instructor | ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Instructor

Guest dre777

sure u can fly w/out fmc, tune radios manually and fly vors. it is most certainly worth it. single best airliner flight dynamics to date, in my opinion (i have them all). beautiful vc, cabin, model, u'll swear it's the real thing. i'm getting 20fps on average with a little stuttering that i'm sure the patch will fix. precise autopilot, smooth avionics, details, details, details, one word: excellent. a few bugs but they haven't really hampered my flying much at all, pretty minor to be addressed soon.Andre2.53 gig 512rdramti4200 64mb2048x768 2 x lcds

I can only highly recommend this product. It's a beauty with wonderful exteriors, realistic flight dynamics and a great panel combined with a really good FMC.The only problem is that the fuel selector is on the LEFT position but it is actually taking fuel from the RIGHT wing (this should be fixed with the patch). Maybe you should wait for the patch to be released before you want to buy it.

I don't have it (read yet) but despite its current issues it sure is causing a stir in the community in a positive way.If you really want it then I would say just buy it. Obviously PMDG is going to patch it so I wouldn't worry too much about that. The liveries I have seen look great, the VC is amazing, the FMC issues will be worked out, and the aircraft just plain looks cool. lolI say go for it! Issues or not! (the patch is coming soon anywaysd, no worries!!) :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Here`s what you should do.Go to the PMDG forum and check out all the sticky threads that address known issues and consider it the tip of the iceberg on issues.I say wait and see and I own it and have flown it unlike the person above me.It` amazing that someone who does`nt even own it would try to persuade others to buy things and act like they know what they are talking about.

Guest Liam

HiI own it and fly it. It is a very nice craft. But like others have said the forums speak for themselves. There are some issues with performance......I am runing P4 2.4, 512MB RAM , GF4800ti and I am still having stutters every now and then.I would wholey agree with others and wait till the patch has released which I am told will be 17th (ish) July.....not all that long to wait.As for FDEs very nice....visuals very nice.......but like everything else in the world, it is all down to ones humble opinion, and I am biased being a big fan for many years of the 73 series of a/c.As for the easyjet livery. Simple mistake....the word favourite was writen in the American text of favorite......so they have quite rightly removed it and are reworking it getting it right. The low cost revolution is here....viva la revolutionAnyway work calling adiosLiam

Guest Toni Rauch

No question about it.IT'S FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Toni.

Guest A321

>No question about it.>>IT'S FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>Toni.Ill second this, she is wonderful, she flys like a dream and the FMC works for me. You just got to see the autoland in action..PMDG gets my vote!!!Jason:-hah

I'll second Jason's second. Even with the FR issues being ironed out by some it is a work of art. I'm sure PMDG will iron out all issue is short order. A patch is due out by the 19th but could be delayed if necessary. But one is forthcoming. I have NOT had any frame rate issues as others have reported. I don't know why. Everything is smooth for me and I don't have that much power that others have. To be honest you should wait for the patch (but if you can't wait that decision would not be bad).Hope this helps,

hi,Is it worth it? Yes it's worth it!!!! Worth every penny, Everything from the model to the 2d panel is just beautiful!! (and accurate except for one minor thing that I can see (the pressurization system is unfinished but I have a gut feeling that their gonna fix that in an update). She is a pleasure to hand fly :-) AndrewPS. As others have said there is a patch comming out that will fix all or most of the bugs people are reporting.

Hi"hi,How far away from capturing the LOC and GS should I start slowing down to landing speed? This must be how the real plane handles when you try to slow it down. It takes a lot of effort to get this airplane slowed down to 120 Knots. The speedbrakes seem about as effective as sticking your hand out the window of a car trying to slow it down . My question is how far from the airport should I start slowing down from 250 knots down too 120 knots or so? Right now I'm just guessing, sometimes I get slowed down to landing speed way too early, sometimes I get it just right.Andrew"Your assesment fills me with much confidence.I think you should do a review.;)

>Here`s what you should do.>>Go to the PMDG forum and check out all the sticky threads that>address known issues and consider it the tip of the iceberg on>issues.>I say wait and see and I own it and have flown it unlike the>person above me.>It` amazing that someone who does`nt even own it would try to>persuade others to buy things and act like they know what they>are talking about. I was just listing basic facts Iron. What did I state that is incorrect? I didn't talk about the FDE. I talked about the astethics of the product....which doesn't need to be purchased in order to comment on.Watch your attitude. No need to be a *insert colorful metaphor here*.:-rollBTW, Pilotgregster, there is a link to the Easyjet livery in one of thier forum links. I believe they were making a change to the livery and it was taken down in order to be fixed.Hope this helps.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3