Sign in to follow this  
JohnE

Feelther & 64-bit

Back when I used XP 32 I really enjoyed FT's products, especially the 737 classic! It was the first add-on I used in my VA and I accumulated over 300 hours in the 737-400 alone! As I advanced in experience I started flying longer flights with the 763 & 744 and I began to run into the dreaded OOM error. I was advised to try the 3gb switch which did work but every once in awhile I'd still get it and its gotta be the worst flight sim feeling to be 5 miles out after an 8+ hour flight and be scared to death that the sim might just give out! So my next option was to move to a 64-bit system and in almost two years I have not seen an OOM error, but I did lose the ability to fly my FT 737 classic :( So here are my problems:1. I mainly use FsBuild for flight planning but this happens with the FSX planner as well. When I go to load the plan into the FMC, FSX just crashes! I have tried to enter the plan manually but this seems to be hit or miss. I do use Navigraph and have an updated DB. 2. If I just fly around and then exit to the main menu the screen repositions itself to the bottom right of my monitor, it will stay this way until I restart load another AC and restart again. 3. This could have been a one time fluke but after an hour long VFR flight in the Legacy I had the menu screen go black as well as #2.I really like the look of the new ERJ's both the 170/190 and the 135/145 so if anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know! I would really love to give the old 737 a spin again just for old times sake :(

Back when I used XP 32 I really enjoyed FT's products, especially the 737 classic! It was the first add-on I used in my VA and I accumulated over 300 hours in the 737-400 alone! As I advanced in experience I started flying longer flights with the 763 & 744 and I began to run into the dreaded OOM error. I was advised to try the 3gb switch which did work but every once in awhile I'd still get it and its gotta be the worst flight sim feeling to be 5 miles out after an 8+ hour flight and be scared to death that the sim might just give out! So my next option was to move to a 64-bit system and in almost two years I have not seen an OOM error, but I did lose the ability to fly my FT 737 classic :( So here are my problems:1. I mainly use FsBuild for flight planning but this happens with the FSX planner as well. When I go to load the plan into the FMC, FSX just crashes! I have tried to enter the plan manually but this seems to be hit or miss. I do use Navigraph and have an updated DB. 2. If I just fly around and then exit to the main menu the screen repositions itself to the bottom right of my monitor, it will stay this way until I restart load another AC and restart again. 3. This could have been a one time fluke but after an hour long VFR flight in the Legacy I had the menu screen go black as well as #2.I really like the look of the new ERJ's both the 170/190 and the 135/145 so if anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know! I would really love to give the old 737 a spin again just for old times sake :(
HelloHave you installed the Vista version of the 737.?For loading the plan try loading it into memory Via the Flight sim planner menu then call it up into the FMC.Go over to the Feethere forum , There are folks there running the 737 under 64bit successfullySee this thread http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3554

I do have the Vista version. This also happens with the Airbus Vol.1.By loading into memory do you mean selecting the AC then choosing create a flight plan and then choosing load a flight plan? I can't get to the link you posted.

I do have the Vista version. This also happens with the Airbus Vol.1.By loading into memory do you mean selecting the AC then choosing create a flight plan and then choosing load a flight plan? I can't get to the link you posted.
Hello JohnLoad your aircraft as normal then before you do anything with the FMC go into the FS flightplanner and click on loadThen in the list of flightplans presented select your flight plan that you prepared with FSbuild.once loaded click on OK and in answer to to question "do you want flightsim to move you ect. click noNow you will be back in your aircraft, program your FMC as normal and you should be able to load the flightplan into the FMC through the CO ROUTE option without it crashing.The forum you will have to register to view, but there is a wealth of info and plenty of folk running under 64bit to help you out.

Thanks MD, I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get registered and give it a look.