Hi guysi have the 2010 voice for the PIC 737 series.I was just wondering, how much of a performance hit do you think the add-ons gives.I certainly have noticed a slight hit, sometimes a large one, but my findings are inconclusive yet..Whats the views on this?CheersAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Alex,Measuring "performance" is very subjective and can a be influenced by a million different thing.However, I've noticed no performance hit, and I've tested on both high and medium level machines.FS2Crew is not really a "graphics orientated" program due to its nature... and it's usually graphic intensive apps that cause frame rate hits (ie., using heavy textures in a VC, or really heavy GDI stuff).From my experience, the only time you will see a frame rate hit (and I'm talking a 80 to 90 percent drop... something very noticable) is if your Speech Recognition system is not set to English (US).Cheers,

i confirm - there is no performance hit with Voice Commander in my midlevel systemAll the bestWerner

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Guest Bladegrey1

I have noticed a slight drop in frame rates. I have FPS locked at 20 and most of the time it stays there, saev for the rare occasion when it gets busy. Then I'll see a drop to about 17-19 FPS. Granted, my system is somewhat below medium level, in fact I'd call it downright low level. I have an Athlon 3500+ at 2.2 Ghz with 1 Gb Ram and a Nvidia 6600. Of course you can imagine where all the scenery sliders are at. But 17-20 FPS is still smooth enough to be enjoyable to fly with, and so I have no complaints.Derek

Sometimes i find its not a fps loss directly,but a stutter..With large differences between the high and low values..a tricky one this.Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

From my experience, the only time you will see a frame rate hit (and I'm talking a 80 to 90 percent drop... something very noticable) is if your Speech Recognition system is not set to English (US).Cheers,
Hi Just wondered if you could say how to set it to UK US .. not really messed with the SR side of Windows so i just wanna be sure its set right for when i buy the PIC version . Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Just wondered if you could say how to set it to UK US .. not really messed with the SR side of Windows so i just wanna be sure its set right for when i buy the PIC version . Thanks Rich
Hi Rich,This only applies if you're using Vista/Windows 7.(P.S. If I haven't said it before.... everyone, please upgrade to Windows 7... it's good and it makes my life easier if you're all running the same OS, that and Win 7 is a bit less eccentric than Vista...)In the Speech Properties panel, you'll see a sub-window called "Speech Recognition".In the Langauge box, make sure it lists (English - US) and not (English - UK).Again, this is for Vista/Win 7 only.In XP, I recall there is only an English setting (no US or UK option).Best,

Hi Rich,This only applies if you're using Vista/Windows 7.(P.S. If I haven't said it before.... everyone, please upgrade to Windows 7... it's good and it makes my life easier if you're all running the same OS, that and Win 7 is a bit less eccentric than Vista...)In the Speech Properties panel, you'll see a sub-window called "Speech Recognition".In the Langauge box, make sure it lists (English - US) and not (English - UK).Again, this is for Vista/Win 7 only.In XP, I recall there is only an English setting (no US or UK option).Best,
Ahh ok i have Windows XP .. will i run into problems ? Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

i use WinXP too, you will get no problems.Just be shure to set it to English (nothing else, no UK or US we XP users dont have this stuff, just English)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png