Sign in to follow this  
Aerobus

Two quick questions

Hello, after getting a new computer and reloading FS9 I had to get the MD-11 and thus over the quick thanksgiving holiday I did. However I have two quick questions about this wonderful Aircraft. First if your doing multi leg cargo flights, when you reach a technical stop do you have to reset the IRS's, say for example a quick fuel stop in Anchorage. Second what are some good flight planning utilities for this Aircraft since I want to make sure my flights are within 3900ish mile range of the freighter as it does not have as great of a range as its passenger counterpart at least I don't think it does when I was reading through the literature.Thanks!T. Dawkins

Well firstly it depends on your IRS drift error at the end of the flight. I dont remember what the acceptable amount of error is, but some companies re-align the IRSs no matter what the drift error. You might as well, especially if your MD11 isnt equipped with GNS. It only takes 10 minutes.Secondly, i use FSBUILD for all my flight planning and an MD11 performace file for FSBUILD created by someone on this forum. Just do a search.And welcome to one of the most amazing aircraft you'll come across.

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

You don't need to do a full align, just go from off and then immediately back to Nav and the aircraft will do a 'Fast Align' it only takes 3 minutes.Rob

Rob Prest

You don't need to do a full align, just go from off and then immediately back to Nav and the aircraft will do a 'Fast Align' it only takes 3 minutes.Rob
Oh yea forgot about that too

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

The fsbuild pmdg md-11 performance file was made by SaturnV. Just PM him and he'll provide it if it's not up an AVSIM again.John Ellison

supporter.jpgJohn Ellison

I never really liked FSBUILD so now I use FSCommander and it does what I need it too. You can also use it while running FS to watch your flight progress. Its a bit like a moving map. And it can do oceanic routes and lots more besides. You also get a small window that works in FS to show you info on your route like runway frequency at your destination. You can put your mouse over an airport or Navaid and it will show you info on it too.This is just an option though FSBuild does most of what you need. I just like the detail in the map in FSCommander though as its more like a ATC radar screen.

Andrew Simmons

Intel i7 950+Corsair H70.

6 Gig ram Kingston Hyperx 1600Mhz

ASUS GTX560 Ti (900mhz core/1800Shader/2100Memory)

1T Cavier Black HD + 1T Cavier Green for backup jobs.

Win7 64 Bit

Asus X58A-UD3R (Rev2)

OCZ 600w PSU

DA-20 Katana Diamond (Aerosoft)

A2A B377 (Captain of the Ship) Flightsim Labs ConcordeX.

TM Warthog/TIR5/REX2/ASE/Topcat/RadarContact4/FSX

PMDG MD-11/J41/Old737NG/747-400x /IFly737FSX/A2A Spitfire/A2A B-17 Accusim