Sign in to follow this  
Guest RGH

FS Navigator on 2nd monitor with FS9

The manufacturers of commercial simulators, such as CAE and Rockwell - and their customers, would likely disagree: triple projection systems would seem to be the mode of choice in real aviation sims. I am unaware of any commercial simulator that uses pan and zoom in its world display system- or the cockpit panel.Regards Alex Reid
Hello Alexwithout trying TrackIr you will never know will you ?What you have there is nothing like a CAE or rockwell system.Now I have used multi monitor setups and TrackIR and can tell you that TrackIR is much better in a Home sim setupalong with a large modern LCD monitor, truly alters your sim experience.But each to there own, enjoy what you have.I am half expecting one day to log on to my local football teams forum, and have your screenshot appear in a thread.it's everywhere on avsim alex, at least change the aircraft from time to time to give us all a change :(

Hello Alex----------------Hi Mad Dog- some replies to your comments-"without trying TrackIr you will never know will you ?" - Pan & Zoom just never seemed realistic enough to pursue. But I'm happy for those who do."What you have there is nothing like a CAE or rockwell system." - Nor is Pan & Zoom. Commercial systems use triple projected/integrated views, so there is some similarity- on a much smaller scale."Now I have used multi monitor setups and TrackIR and can tell you that TrackIR is much better in a Home sim setupalong with a large modern LCD monitor, truly alters your sim experience." - Assuming triple monitors: were the TRIPLE LFwd,Fwd,RFwd views INTEGRATED into an apparent single image by adjusting for bezel separation- to 1/100 of a degree of separation? Does the scene on the "large modern LCD monitor" span all of your peripheral vision? At least 170

Hello alexLike I said until you experience TrackIR you will never know.I would guess there are more RL pilots in these forums using TrackIR rather than Multi monitors, that says it all really.If I had more money available I would buy you one for Christmas, thats how much I am certain you would prefer it

Hello alexLike I said until you experience TrackIR you will never know.I would guess there are more RL pilots in these forums using TrackIR rather than Multi monitors, that says it all really.If I had more money available I would buy you one for Christmas, thats how much I am certain you would prefer it
Thanks Mad Dog, for your generous offer. It is appreciated. And the same thought is mine, so that you could have your very own desktop IMAX Theatre for Flight Sim!Best wishes Alex Reid