Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Berlin Tegel Review

Really enjoyed the extremely detailed review of Berlin Tegel.Please more like this.And a request..Any chance of getting some "real world" pilots to review new FSX aircraft? Pretty aeroplanes are nice but flight dynamics rule for me!Thanks againAdamTrafficPilot

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! Regarding real world pilots: it's a matter of chance. If the right guy asks for the right plane first, he'll get the plane usually. This rule doesn't always work, but most of the time, it's the rule used to determine who gets to do what. Basically, if that person is an actual pilot (but I don't know how many "real pilots" we've got in the team), he'll have to ask for the plane before anybody else does... Many reviewers, when reviewing a complicated plane, tend to ask a real pilot what he thinks. Many of us know people "who are in the trade" (well I don't, but that's a minor detail ;-) ) and so, for the planes it really matters, stuff like flight dynamics will have been verified. If not by the reviewer himself, then by a friend of his. I hope this sort of answers to your request...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest jshyluk

If you are a pilot or you know any pilots who want to write for AVSIM, please think about trying out as a Reviewer. Write your own Review of a product you already own as a try-out piece and send it to our Reviews Editor Robert Whitwell. If you've got the chops for the job, you'll get to see the best that the third-party developers have to offer. Non-pilots are welcome to apply as well, as long as you have some experience with Flight Sim and are happy doing some aviation-related field research. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Just a short remark as a "Berliner" - TXL-EDDT IS in Berlin! Not outside of Berlin to the North . . .SXF-EDDB Schoenefeld is outside of Berlin - in the federal state BRANDENBURG.

Just a short remark as a "Berliner" - TXL-EDDT IS in Berlin! Not outside of Berlin to the North . . .SXF-EDDB Schoenefeld is outside of Berlin - in the federal state BRANDENBURG.
*sigh*That's it. Wikipedia has officially done it for me. Every single time I try to find useful info there, it turns out to be wrong to some degree. What idiots write there that everything is wrong?! Really boggles the mind, doesn't it...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What idiots write there that everything is wrong?!
These 'idiots' are people of free will who try to create a freeware global webpedia. I'm one of them.

*sigh*That's it. Wikipedia has officially done it for me. Every single time I try to find useful info there, it turns out to be wrong to some degree. What idiots write there that everything is wrong?! Really boggles the mind, doesn't it...
If you need to research something....Google it....don't rely on Wikipedia, it was freely written by idiots who think they know everything.At least I thought I knew everything before publishing it, LOL.

Well sorry to have offended some people by writing that post, I knew I probably would. See, the problem is that, however nice it is of you to write it all in free will, and of course I greatly value the fact you try to build this community full of info for others to use freely, it remains wrong that everything I have looked up until now seemed to be wrong somehow. I'm sorry, but it really doesn't help very much to get misinformed...Really, for every review I had written, I eventually got at least one remark from people who know more about it, that one or more parts of the "history" paragraph of my review was wrong. And every single time, the bit that is singled out, is exactly the bit I got from wikipedia.Not saying everybody who writes these pieces is an idiot that doesn't know anything, I'm just saying there are people that do think they know everything, and start writing badly checked stuff that then appears to be wrong. I think I'll stick to Robert's advice from now on. I'll simply google what I want and won't rely on wikipedia, it truly is too "open" to be a completely trustworthy source of information.By the way: Robert, don't tell me you wrote the Tegel entry of wikipedia?

Benjamin van Soldt