Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

FSX Keyboard Command Question

On occasion I lose keyboard assignments, and I'm hoping someone can tell me why. Usually, I can use F9-F12 to cycle through views (cockpit, VC, Spot, etc.). Occasionally, I lose the ability to use keyboard commands and get the kneeboard when I push F10. Anyone have any insight as to why?Sorry for being vague...it's a bit tough to describe.Thanks!

Make sure that FS has focus if you are running in Windowed Mode.

Thanks Jim, but I'm running in full screen.Apparently, this is a "non-standard" issue. A few more tidbits of info...-The keyboard doesn't stop working, i.e. I can alt-tab out to windows and no problems.-One other change I notice is that using hte +/- keys for zooming gives very very tiny zoom increments when it goes to the "alternate mode". Even holding the key down does not zoom in more than a fraction.A question... what happens when you push F10? Do you get the kneeboard or a different view? Whatever is causing this give one result most of the time (view change) and the kneeboard the rest of the time.Hmm...

What other hardware are you using in conjunction with FSX?? i.e. joysticks, TrackIR, et.....

What other hardware are you using in conjunction with FSX?? i.e. joysticks, TrackIR, et.....
Saitek yoke and rudder pedals and TrackIR 4 Pro.

Did you remap your TrackIR 4 hotkeys? By default the TrackIR uses the same F-Keys that you are having issues with.

Did you remap your TrackIR 4 hotkeys? By default the TrackIR uses the same F-Keys that you are having issues with.
They are mapped to mouse buttons.

As a test, unplug your TrackIR and run FSX without using the TrackIR and see if you still have the same problem.

As a test, unplug your TrackIR and run FSX without using the TrackIR and see if you still have the same problem.
Will try it. Question - when you push F10, what happens?

Within FSX you should go to a full frontal view directly in front of the aircraft with no part of the aircraft visible.

Within FSX you should go to a full frontal view directly in front of the aircraft with no part of the aircraft visible.
Ok, that's what I usually get. When things go awry pushing F10 gives me the kneeboard... very strange.It sounds like my Shift button is getting stuck somehow. Maybe time for a new keyboard.Thanks!

Are you suing the SST programming software with your yoke??Edit: The shift key sticking would defintely cause your issue.......

I have the same problem. I use a wireless keyboard (Logitech K340) with setpoint driver 4.80. Further I have a CHProduct yoke and a Saitek X52 Throttle.When I push F10 I get the kneeboard, but this should only when you press Shift F10. Not all the keys are locked, but most often F9. Pressing the shift key releases the lock of this key.I had the same with my PS2 HP keyboard, so I decide to buy the Logitech, but stil have the same problem.Because no other program on my computer has this problem, it must be something inside FSX.I hope somebody can help us!!!Intel Q9450, ASUS P5E, OCZ Reaptor 4 GB, MSI 8800GTS 512, Windows 7 Ultimate x64