Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

FSX Keyboard Command Question

On occasion I lose keyboard assignments, and I'm hoping someone can tell me why. Usually, I can use F9-F12 to cycle through views (cockpit, VC, Spot, etc.). Occasionally, I lose the ability to use keyboard commands and get the kneeboard when I push F10. Anyone have any insight as to why?Sorry for being vague...it's a bit tough to describe.Thanks!
I have the same issue. Now you see it, now you don't! Somewhere during a flight, the ATC command key (top left ` symbol) stops working AND all ATC command selection option numbers 1,2,3,4 etc...used to respond to ATC commands stop working. I can click on the options with the mouse and other keys DO work but these don't. I will verify my key assignments again and see if something is going on. Like you, I also get a key performing a differnt function suddenly. I use the CH flight yoke and pedals, wired (not wireless) Logitech wave keyboard and Logitech G5 wired mouse. FSX is installed on Win7 Pro 64.John

Guest 53hat

In Vista, any keyboard changes are in c:\%username%\Appdata\roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.xml file. This file also exists in the default FSX directory structure where all the game files are (i.e. Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X). It looks like once you change keystrokes, FSX looks at this file when it loads, and uses the one in the FSX game sub-directory to restore defaults. It also looks like FSX sometimes over-writes the custom one in the user sub-directory, so

In Vista, any keyboard changes are in c:\%username%\Appdata\roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.xml file. This file also exists in the default FSX directory structure where all the game files are (i.e. Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X). It looks like once you change keystrokes, FSX looks at this file when it loads, and uses the one in the FSX game sub-directory to restore defaults. It also looks like FSX sometimes over-writes the custom one in the user sub-directory, so

I just noticed this happening a couple of days ago. I have an old version Logitech G-15 keyboard. I have TrakIR that I thought i disabled because I mainly use FSX. After ready through this post I checked and found the default setting in TrakIR was active and the F7, F9 and F11 keys were assigned and enabled. Not sure how that happened.Disabling the function keys in TrakIR fixed the problem. I still need to find out why the default setting for TR4 was set. Mine works now.