Sign in to follow this  
Guest marquisor

TH2Go for short

Guest marquisor

hello aviation fellas!after reading through many threads about TH2Go issues of course everyone's situation is different. i can exclude many issues, so mine is explained quite easy:got 3x 22" monitors with ATI 4870 x2 gfx board capable running 5040x1050x32 with TH2Go Digital Edition.everything's fine, no hassles like different sizes, cables etc.framerate is ok, fullscreen works, windowed maximized also. my OS is win7 64bit.so my questions are about FOV and monitor placement:i did setup FSX from scratch, SP1, SP2, some REX, GEX, etc. installed, tuning the settings for decent FPS. everything fine now.selecting resolution 5040x1050x32 fullscreen. i want to use virtual cockpits mainly.now after entering fullscreen the triple view is "stretched" over the 3 monitors. so i guess FOV ingame is the same as for single monitor usage. which looks kinda ugly.1.) how can i change the FOV automatically or manually of course according to the amount of monitors/resolution selected? the zoom-out is quite limited. any other possibilities?2.) what FOV do you recommend for maximum immersion? and how to place the monitors? what angle? i read about 30

First, I take it FOV means "field of view". And, I hope "stretched " means you have the immediate left and right views on the respective screens, not that the usual single view has been literally strectched across 3 screens. That would look odd, and would not be what TH2G is designed to achieve.I think possibly you are seeing distortion, rather like moderate "fish eye", and you are unable to set zoom to a position you like. If that is so, in the FSX.cfg under [Display] change the line WideViewAspect = False to True. I use between 1.0 and 0.80 depending on what aircraft I'm flying.Setting the screen angles is a matter of taste. I guess mine are at about 30 degrees.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi,Yep, I had the same problem until I set the WideViewAspect to True. My widescreen setup is just about done, I'm running two Samsung SyncMaster T260HD 16:10 TV/Monitors waiting on a third that was damaged in shipping. I'll have a final viewing diameter of 76.5". I also purchased the Tracker IR5, can't wait until its setup. I'd have everything already, but I missed UPS today. :( I wonder if they have hours on Saturday and would I be able to pick it up, they won't deliver until Monday. :( Seems a waste of time, since I'm off Sat,Sun,Mon. :( Anyway, loving this wideview setup that is only going to get better once I have everything.

First, I take it FOV means "field of view". And, I hope "stretched " means you have the immediate left and right views on the respective screens, not that the usual single view has been literally strectched across 3 screens. That would look odd, and would not be what TH2G is designed to achieve.I think possibly you are seeing distortion, rather like moderate "fish eye", and you are unable to set zoom to a position you like. If that is so, in the FSX.cfg under [Display] change the line WideViewAspect = False to True. I use between 1.0 and 0.80 depending on what aircraft I'm flying.Setting the screen angles is a matter of taste. I guess mine are at about 30 degrees.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Also chiming in here that it's most likely your wideaspectview= setting in your fsx.cfg file. Then zoom in or out until it looks 'right' to you. I personally find that different aircraft seem to do better with different zoom settings for my own taste.@Mike_CFII_MEL - I just got my TrackIR 5 this week and think it's just amazing. I'm surprised your ups guy didn't just leave it for you (my guy kind of tossed it towards my front door, never even rang the bell or knocked.) In any case, I've been absolutely blown away by the level of immersion that it adds to Flight Sim. Over at the Natural Point forums, there's a profile by NaturalPoint_Seth for Flight, which works really well for me (though I think I may need to turn down the left-right speed a wee bit.) With a triple-monitor setup, it was honestly the closest thing to virtual reality that I've ever experienced. It does feel a little strange at first, but I found it to be very natural very quickly, and I already can't imagine ever having to go back to flying without it. :) I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.-George

You've both injected an added topic, but I agree that TrackIR adds to the feeling of immersion. Be careful above natural light behind you, That will disturb the performance of TrackIR.

Regards

Frank Jones

I don't know how you're setup Patrick, but your 5040x1050x32 setting has to be set in FSX, too... I run VC all the time, and there's no stretching at all. In 2D wideview = true fixes it. If tha's how you're setup - then I'd take it up with Matrox.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/pj_...mview=slideshow

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest marquisor
I don't know how you're setup Patrick, but your 5040x1050x32 setting has to be set in FSX, too... I run VC all the time, and there's no stretching at all. In 2D wideview = true fixes it. If tha's how you're setup - then I'd take it up with Matrox.http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/pj_...mview=slideshow
yes, i have set it in FSX to that resolution, of course ;)@ALLappreciate your all comments, good stuff. trackir4 is a thing i consider, but expensive and not sure if it would be good. and i really don't like to wear a hat or baseball cap.thx for the tip, setting it in fsx.cfg. as soon as i get my third monitor back again i'll try that out.at the moment i'm fiddling around a bit with perfectly placing the monitors. but just in theory on sheets of paper.the human FOV is vertically 140

Guest marquisor

hello alex!agree with your deeper explanation. of course i or we could only match sights/FOVs what our hardware can display. i.e. for me 3x 22". i will draw it via CAD and keep all variable as much as possible, even monitor sizes. so we could visually discuss this issue.my point was the same, of course visual reckognition goes far beyond 140

Guest marquisor
Hi,Yep, I had the same problem until I set the WideViewAspect to True. My widescreen setup is just about done, I'm running two Samsung SyncMaster T260HD 16:10 TV/Monitors waiting on a third that was damaged in shipping. I'll have a final viewing diameter of 76.5". I also purchased the Tracker IR5, can't wait until its setup. I'd have everything already, but I missed UPS today. :( I wonder if they have hours on Saturday and would I be able to pick it up, they won't deliver until Monday. :( Seems a waste of time, since I'm off Sat,Sun,Mon. :( Anyway, loving this wideview setup that is only going to get better once I have everything.
awaiting your opinion with your setup esp. trackIR5. i read a bit about your issue of what hardware to buy. for short you now got resp. will get 3x 26 inch monitors? hopefully with very small edges.do i read right, you're a real pilot for air transportation? antonov etc.? ;)