Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoakimE

FS2004 released?!

No its not been released in the US yet. July 29th I believe is the release date for the US customers, and here in the UK (and therefore presumably most of Europe) its released on August 1st.The software dealer you talk of is either full of s#!@, or has illegal copies which have been downloaded from the internet, and burned to CD. Either way, just wait for a couple of weeks, its not long to go!Regards,Al Summers.

I really believe the copies are legitimate since it's a well known software dealer. A contatac person said he was very surprised himself how quickly they received them (they import from the US). The package has been sent already to me and I do expect to find the original casing and disks./Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I seriously doubt that Microsoft would send FS2004 to Sweden before they would send it, well....here, where they are.Sounds like the guy is feeding you a load of BS if you ask me :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

If he has it for sale, then buy it, its not your problem the official release date is Juli 29.OHN

Guest JoakimE

I preordered from this software company last week, and got an e-mail notice today saying that FS2004 has indeed arrived to them, and my copy has been sent so that it hopefully will arrive tomorrow, and just as Krister I expect nothing but a legal copy from them as they are one of Swedens largest game retailers, with at least one store in Stockholm...

Well, I'll report in after a couple of days either with a brick in a my hand and an embarrased face or a happy face! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest metamarty

It could be true. The release date in the Netherlands is this friday.

Guest nutcase

The original planned release date in europe was July 18th.Some European Countries have got there release date pushed back to August 1st.If I remember correct: FS98 was released in Europe in mid october, and US release was mid november (I rembere there was quite a fuzz on the forums regarding this). A European release may happend before the US this time also :) Jan Roar R

Guest Tim_mx

Yup I think so too :)This "English European" version is pressed in Ireland. Better keep an eye on those game stores this week then!edit: That link posted a few seconds before mentions localized versions are pressed in Ireland. In fact also the English version is pressed there because there are many small countries here. And making a specific language version for all countries is not economic. Usually there's a quick start guide in the local language.

IS THAT TRUE?? OMG, that would be great!! :-) :-) :-) [p]

Guest metamarty

Yep, if you want it, you might as well preorder now from dynabyte. They'll give you a free MS sidewinder joystick if you preorder, but you have to be quick. They have a release date of July 25, that's this friday. They are usually correct and sometimes, it arrives one or two days earlier (wednesday or thursday) and then the preorder closes, so no more free joysticks!

cool :-) I wish I lived in Sweden right about now :-). Make sure to let Avsim know you got a legal copy before you post shots :-)Andrew