Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

Hi DanThanks for the complement, it means a lot coming from you, but as for the pen, do not be fooled, I am still learning about it, I sometimes get it close though.And I still think the tutorial was worth all the tribulations that you went through to get it finalised, now that was good work.Take care, and have a few relaxing flights, you have earned it.Jim Hodkinson

Guest derlenz

hey at all,there was a Lufthansa Cargo livery once upon a time, but now i can

Hi ChrisHere is the updated file, with a darker tail and logo, I would say though that you sometimes have to be very careful when looking at photographs from web sites, or anywhere else for that matter, as you have to take into account the lighting that the shot was taken under, and the from my own photography, the photographers own camera settings, film and any filters that they may and probably are using, you are usually better of looking at a few shots and then gauging an average from them.Anyway here is the link for the update

... you sometimes have to be very careful when looking at photographs from web sites, or anywhere else for that matter, as you have to take into account the lighting that the shot was taken under, and the from my own photography, the photographers own camera settings, film and any filters that they may and probably are using, you are usually better of looking at a few shots and then gauging an average from them.Jim Hodkinson
That is so very true, not only that but the way FS in general uses it's lighting can make the simplist paint somewhat annoying at times. You can set the color exactly like the photo you're referencing and then be pleased with it at noon in FS, but change the time and have it look very different to the point it just looks wrong. I have many times questioned myself on a color as to say "Who painted this?" even though I had the exact color in my livery. And by exact, I have in some cases traced down the actual specific color code for actual paint scheme used and then incorporated it into my livery (ie. #FFE5B4) and it just didn't look right at all... It's an enigma all wrapped up in a conundrum.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest 744
Hi DominicIf this is something like one of the repaints you are after, then after I have tweaked the gold/yellow a little and put the Thai flag on the tail, I will post you a link.Jim Hodkinson
Hey could I have a link?

Guest 744
Hi,I've recently noticed that out of the extensive range of liveries available for the PMDG 747-400 for FSX, there are still a few repaints that aren't on there :(And in my opinion, they're very vital repaints for all flight simmers who love and fly this amazing addon. So the repaints that I would LOVE to see available are:Virgin Atlantic New Colours: http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6744825&nseq=18Thai New Colours (purple stripes): http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6754189&nseq=4Singapore Airlines New Colours (with larger titles): http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6735484&nseq=13A renewal of the KLM livery because the wingtips and tail colours on the one available are rather odd: http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6751099&nseq=4If these liveries were available for the 747-400X it would be THE single best addon for any flight simulator. As I've said I adore this addon, everything about it is awesome.So I ask anyone who can repaint this bird, knows someone that could repaint it or knows of a repaint already available for these liveries to do their best. I mean, for me Virgin Atlantic New Colours are a must have for me because I do a lot of Virgin flights and I would like a new repaint that isn't the old one :( The last two are just little qualms of mine but aren't necessary.If anyone has any other requests, please comment below,I hope these repaints can be done because, myself, I can't repaint to save my life :DMany thanks,Dominic Waters
I think for the new KLM one is available at the PMDG website.Sean Averre

Hi CarlosAs yet I do not have the 747-8 expansion as I have used what I allow myself for addons per month with the release of the UK2000 EGCC, renewing my Navigraph yearly subscription and the FSDT version of PHNL, but hopefully I should be getting the

Guest 747-400 luva

Would love if someone could do a v australia livery for the 400x.Thanks Evan

Hi ?The actual link was in a later post, but here it is again.http://www.filefront.com/15371237/Thai_01.zipBy the way you should really add your name to your posts, one it is actually a forum requirement, and two it is good to know who you are talking to.Take care, and have a good flight.Jim Hodkinson
thanks Jimchris finlay

Guest 744

And also air india new livery is needed :(

Hi EvenIf this is something that you would like to take for a spin to see if it is what you were after, then here is a link for the download

Hi CarlosAs yet I do not have the 747-8 expansion as I have used what I allow myself for addons per month with the release of the UK2000 EGCC, renewing my Navigraph yearly subscription and the FSDT version of PHNL, but hopefully I should be getting the

Hi CarlosJust so we are both on the same page so to speak, is the colour scheme in the attached the one you are after, if so I think we can get you doing your IGS13 approaches, also do you want any particular registration for the aircraft.Take care, and let me know then I will make a start.Jim Hodkinson