Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

Jim, it would be better to receive all-in-one zip package. Great job with this first one, but I think the VARIG writing is of the same color tone as the belly and vertical stabilizer.

Dan - Really looking forward to your tutorial. No worries for the delay, im sure itll be worth it in the end. We should get it pinned in this forum so everyone can use it.Iv had an idea for my first livery:
Heya Adrian,I sure hope you like to read, hehe. I've just about finished, been at it 13 hours straight now, and about to crash. I have to proof read it tomorrow which in itself will be an all day project. The changes I made today were catastrophic to say the least... I made some minor correction here and there and then noticed they had an effect on something else that I already wrote, fix it just to find something else then hard to follow. The list goes on and on hahaha. Anywho, I think it's all under control now and hope the final product is 1/10th as good as the anticipation.Jim, The cockpit that your talking about, I think you may have misread a post of mine,,,
is not mine,, I wish it was big time! I had a fully functional MCP/FMC and the overhead panels although I Barely got started on wiring the switches and wasted a couple hundred hours on the back lighting to then just end up taking a long break from simming. I have a lot of older panels, but missing buttons and switches, my epic cards are WAY out dated, so all in all, if I were to start over I would most likely start almost from scratch, minus some panels. Like all of us guys, I like my tools and I like my toys, but not sure I will ever build a full cockpit,,, not until I can atleast figure out how to add actual hydraulics anyway :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi DanYep that sounds like me, never read all the way through things, I just got to the link and stayed on the video page for a while salivating, all I have managed is to break apart an old joystick and rewire it into a PCB Box with some single action switches, which now acts as a MCP for the MD-11 and pretty much anything else as the programming software allows me to change the key commands.I do feel for you with the tutorial, when you have to change one item and find that it has a domino effect on the rest of the sections, but I sure that the finished product will be worth it, as I said you

Hi FelipeMy apologies for the delay I getting back, yes that one of the better photographs I found of the left hand side, and the one that made me think that the spacing between the VARIG and Brazil is slightly larger on the left than on the right hand side, it seems as though they have gone out of their way to miss the upper windows with the first letter of Brazil, so that is the way I have it on the repaint, unless of course anybody knows differently.As for the other two, you may be glad to hear that the bare metal finish has been finalised, and that took a little while to sort out, I started with that, as without it the rest would not mean anything, so it should not take so long to finish them, I have to admit that I have not touched them today due to having to take a lot more painkillers than I usually like to do, so the world was a little fuzzy around the edges for a while, but I

Hi FelipeJust to let you know the I have sent a PM with the download link for the Varig pack, the reason for not posting a link here for the moment is that as this is my first time doing any repaints for the 747X or MD11X that have bare metal textures in them, I am going to wait for your comments before posting the link.Let me know how you go on.Jim Hodkinson

Guest 413X3

I wish a few freighter repaints would be done. SpecificallyKalitta and World Airways Cargo -400 converted freighters

We have an Air New Zealand livery but only 1 with GE engines. Itd be cool if someone could make an Air New Zealand livery with RR engines for FSX like ZK-NBTThanksChris

Hi,Re World Airways Cargo, the FS2004 one is no longer available in Avsim I see, but the FSX version does exist, cos' I just painted it!Go to Avsim...http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=142108For Kalitta, I plan to do the -400BCF very soon. It's on my list.RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi A quick update just in case anybody wanted to try out the Varig repaints, I have put both the 747X repaints, and the MD-11X repaint into a single zip file as it seemed easier that way, I would also like to add that this is the first attempt at doing any repaints with a bare metal textures in them, so if you are not happy with the look of the bare metal or need anything else changing just get in touch and I will do my best to assist.Anyway here is the important bit, the link for the files

Guest 413X3
Hi,Re World Airways Cargo, the FS2004 one is no longer available in Avsim I see, but the FSX version does exist, cos' I just painted it!Go to Avsim...http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=142108For Kalitta, I plan to do the -400BCF very soon. It's on my list.RegardsMark
Thanks Mark! I missed that in the libraryWould you be able to paint LX-KCV of Cargolux Italia? For the -400F model?

Hi Alex, Well normally I would consider it, but we've been excitedly awaiting Turbine777's paint tutorial which includes the Cargolux Italia livery which I'm sure will look pretty good. I think Dan's pretty close to finalizing and he did say he would post to Avsim.So Dan, how close are you to finishing the tutorial and when do you expect the Cargolux Italia to be fuelled and ready to go????RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Alex, Well normally I would consider it, but we've been excitedly awaiting Turbine777's paint tutorial which includes the Cargolux Italia livery which I'm sure will look pretty good. I think Dan's pretty close to finalizing and he did say he would post to Avsim.So Dan, how close are you to finishing the tutorial and when do you expect the Cargolux Italia to be fuelled and ready to go????RegardsMark
The paint tutorial has been finished and is posted Mark :(It's in the general section. Right "here" actually.As for the Italia LX-KCV. I may not release it after all. The above poster posted "this" post a while back and I answered him, but he never replied. I think he just doesn't like to be told to sign his full name in posts per forum rules or something, because very recently I have since told him again in "this" post. Sorry, but I don't go out of my way to help people that go out of theirs to ignore others. Just look at some of his 627 posts and count how often he ignores others. I don't think for a secong that I'm a moderator or anything, in fact 99% of the time I let people know about the name thing is when I don't know the answer to question or am guessing and know it's the only way someone from PMDG will answer. So it is usually just trying to help them out...Oh well, his loss, but he is welcome to do the tutorial and paint it himself. If you want it just PM me your email and I'll send it your way later in the week (on another comp and I won't be back there til Thursday). But as you can see, it is more than ready to fly.redux.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Good work Dan. I have recorded a link to it as no doubt I will be referencing it "very often". You are so nice. It is people like you that make visiting this forum so much fun. There is so much knowledge out there, that most people are only too willing to share...as long as recipients are polite and respectful. You don't have to grovel etc, just treat people as you want to be treated, and where required, follow required procedures, I was always taught. As for posters not using names are per forum rules...yes, I will soon create a template for saying blah blah etc.Strange how you see some replies still using log on names rather than actual names, or even nothing at all. Regards

Geoff Bryce

The paint tutorial has been finished and is posted
Wow, thats some damn good work!Thank you so much for your efforts, im gonna work through this over the weekend!Do you have a pdf version that i might be able to print out?EDIT - just seen in the first paragraph you will release a pdf once you ve had feedback! My bad! :-) Thanks again, mate!