Sign in to follow this  
itlnstallion818

PMDG and fsbuid

First off, I know how to make a flight plan in FSbuild and I know how to import the plan in to my PMDG, the only problem is, I don't like where FSbuild is saving my *.rte plans...I've looked online and found that I need to fix how FSbuild locates my FSX main directory, which I have done. My FSX main directory is C: program files/ FSX.exe ... I messed up when installing it, I know, i know :( Anyway, my PMDG flight plan export location on FSbuild is set correctly (C: program files/ PMDG/ flightplans, but where my flight plans actually end up is C/ users/ paul/ app data/ local/ virtual store/ program files/ PMDG/ flight planswhy is it going to APP DATA?! my next question is, is it possible to move my FSX directory without compromising it? As it is right now, when you click program files, I have all my program folders, and all my FSX stuff is in there, no neat folder to contain it all, again, my fault when I installed it this way on accident. Can I just create an FSX folder in program files and copy all my FSX stuff in there?Thanks in advance guys,Paul

To be honest if it were me I'd reinstall fsx again making sure it loaded into the right place.It's a lot of work but atleast in future if you do get any problems like the one you describe you can then say it's not down to your install location.It may not make any difference where you install fsx but it would be peace of mind.Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

First off, I know how to make a flight plan in FSbuild and I know how to import the plan in to my PMDG, the only problem is, I don't like where FSbuild is saving my *.rte plans...I've looked online and found that I need to fix how FSbuild locates my FSX main directory, which I have done. My FSX main directory is C: program files/ FSX.exe ... I messed up when installing it, I know, i know :( Anyway, my PMDG flight plan export location on FSbuild is set correctly (C: program files/ PMDG/ flightplans, but where my flight plans actually end up is C/ users/ paul/ app data/ local/ virtual store/ program files/ PMDG/ flight planswhy is it going to APP DATA?! my next question is, is it possible to move my FSX directory without compromising it? As it is right now, when you click program files, I have all my program folders, and all my FSX stuff is in there, no neat folder to contain it all, again, my fault when I installed it this way on accident. Can I just create an FSX folder in program files and copy all my FSX stuff in there?Thanks in advance guys,Paul
HelloRead this thread from the FSCommander authors, concerning the virtual store and FScommander plans for addon aircraft.http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476Same applies to FSbuild, you are better off with FSX in C:\FSX Never install FSX and its supporting addons in "Program Files(x86)"

HelloRead this thread from the FSCommander authors, concerning the virtual store and FScommander plans for addon aircraft.http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476Same applies to FSbuild, you are better off with FSX in C:\FSX Never install FSX and its supporting addons in "Program Files(x86)"
is there a reason behind not installing it in program files? i'm curiousi think i'm going to just reinstall along with all my addons, thanks guys

is there a reason behind not installing it in program files? i'm curious
Vista - and maybe Windows 7, too - applies some special protections to software installed to "Program Files". An easy way to avoid problems with FSX due to this is to install to a location such as C:\FSX.

is there a reason behind not installing it in program files? i'm curiousi think i'm going to just reinstall along with all my addons, thanks guys
Security restrictions in Vista and Win 7, easier to find if in the root eg c:\fsx, and possibly better performance is using a traditional hard (analog) drive. jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Anyway, my PMDG flight plan export location on FSbuild is set correctly (C: program files/ PMDG/ flightplans, but where my flight plans actually end up is C/ users/ paul/ app data/ local/ virtual store/ program files/ PMDG/ flight planswhy is it going to APP DATA?! Paul
Shouldn't your PMDG folder be a sub folder of your FSX folder? When you set export folders in FSBuild you select your FSX folder on top, and it fills in a number of addons to that folder that are suppose to be located within the FSX folder. The PMDG737NG (Which is the same used for the 744, and MD-11X) being one of them. You can not modify that within the GUI, so I don't know how you got it to point to "C: program files/ PMDG/ flightplans" (Edit a config file?) It may be it can't find it where it's suppose to be.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d