Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Cessna 185 - GOT IT!

Guest BeaverDriver
Anxiously (is that how you spell it..lol) waiting for this..and your flying guide..BeaverAnticipating soon...as she is just sitting in the hangar collecting dust while I wait..oh no :( We'll check back later..time to fly more Cub's in the Backcountry...
Yup, I know the feeling :( . I've not heard back from Carenado if they've accepted the changes or are rebuilding the air file to be more streamlined to what I had. I basically took a hammer to a couple of parts but that may have affected other areas that I didn't check, so I'm sure they are just making sure things are all as they should be.This evening I've been working on the guide for the past 3 hours. I hope to have it out tonight, but it might be tomorrow before it's ready. Barring any serious set backs with it, it should be up by tomorrow evening EST. I'll post here when it is.Thanks guys, hang in for just a bit more :(

Hi everybody, as you already know, BeaverDriver helped us to improve the aircraft.cfg file.We have prepared a patch for those of you who want to get the improved aircraft.cfg file.Here you can find the Patch 3Many thanks to BeaverDriver!!!Carenado

Guest Sky_6

I'm ALL over it....testing now...reporting back later.... :( Thankyou soo much CARENADO and Beaver..escpecially...thanks man...

Guest Sky_6

OK, here's the verdict.... 1st - The good news. Solid. The way a 185 is in the air. Takeoff/approach/touch-down are beautiful and feel fantastic. I am able to launch her off a shoft and short field on a light load at <650' and land even less! (will test fully loaded next) Stall recovery is fantastic with 300hp, and sideslipping on approach is modeled dynamically. An absolute pleasure to fly in the bush. STOL is now here...2nd. - The bad news. I can't get the tail up- well not untill 55mph or better, which is not realistic on a C185, these babies get their tails up and off the ground almost immediately in the backcountry. See video below on this- - Also, the flaps sound needs improved-(I cant hear a thing when I pull a notch of flaps) I have therefore took flaps sound out of another aircraft and replaced these untill a fix is in effect. - From the outside view, the aircraft seems to sit too high on the ground, almost floating an inch or too..check it out.Its fantastic!A 185 taking off..(notice how early the tail comes up..)

Tails come up early

Went to add my repaint to the cfg and wow... what a jumbled mess, I've never seen an aircraft.cfg file screwed up looking, hopefully it doesn't affect the actually flying but wow does it make it hard to add entries into it. Anyone else notice this? But thanks for getting it all resolved and thanks beaverdriver for the hard work. Very much appreciated!

Guest Sky_6

Yep Ty I just checked...Holy smoke...its a huge jumbled mess... Quick fix- just open with WORDPAD instead of notepad, works perfect.. :(

Hey good thinking Sky, will do, thanks for the tip! Thanks again BeaverDriver for all your hard work, and thanks to Carenado for making the 185 possible. Been waiting along time for a quality Skywagon and it's finally here! Now to get back at it and put the latest patch to the test, happy flying all!

Excellent cooperation, Glenn and Carenado!! This is the way we want the products to be developed and enhanced! :( Thanks a lot for the hard work - the Skywagon is going to be a winner! :(