Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djang0

Best screen resolution for VC with in FSX

I do all my flights with TrackIR5 so I'm not looking for a surround display setup. I will be getting either a GTX275 or 285 for my Q9650 system and was wondering what the best display size would be. I'm giving myself a bit of a headache over what size display to go for because I want to run the display at it's native resolution, hence avoiding image quality losses from using a lower resolution or FPS losses in running FSX at a different resolution than the Win7 desktop when in full screen mode. So far I'm thinking:1) 1600X900 or 1920X12002) An H or I IPS panel3) Colour gamut covering all of sRGB FOR when I'm doing basic photo editing (is this standard now?) - but *not* a wide gamut display.3) HDMI input (how important is this really?)Suggestions for particular models are most welcome.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I do all my flights with TrackIR5 so I'm not looking for a surround display setup. I will be getting either a GTX275 or 285 for my Q9650 system and was wondering what the best display size would be. I'm giving myself a bit of a headache over what size display to go for because I want to run the display at it's native resolution, hence avoiding image quality losses from using a lower resolution or FPS losses in running FSX at a different resolution than the Win7 desktop when in full screen mode. So far I'm thinking:1) 1600X900 or 1920X12002) An H or I IPS panel3) Colour gamut covering all of sRGB FOR when I'm doing basic photo editing (is this standard now?) - but *not* a wide gamut display.3) HDMI input (how important is this really?)Suggestions for particular models are most welcome.
HelloThis is easy, get the largest monitor you can afford that does 1900x1200 and you will be happyI am using a Dell 2707WFP 27" at 1900x1200 and FS9 looks great.

HelloThis is easy, get the largest monitor you can afford that does 1900x1200 and you will be happyI am using a Dell 2707WFP 27" at 1900x1200 and FS9 looks great.
Not quite... The OP has very specific requirements that the vast majority of LCDs do not meet. Django, take a look at HP's Dreamcolor line.