Sign in to follow this  
Gatillo

Pre-purchase Question

Good morning, Just would like to know if RC will have problems detecting and using airports updated via tools such as ADE and placed on the Add On folder? I do quite a bit of airport updates to keep them as close to real (feature, comm, etc...). Also, are updates free or there's a fee for them?Thanks

Good morning, Just would like to know if RC will have problems detecting and using airports updated via tools such as ADE and placed on the Add On folder? I do quite a bit of airport updates to keep them as close to real (feature, comm, etc...). Also, are updates free or there's a fee for them?Thanks
Gatillo,After every change you have to run a small applicatie makerwys.exe. It makers that all your changes are available for RadarContact.And for the updates, so far all updates for version were free of charge. Latest version is 4.3 so when you buy, you will get this version.I cannot speak for the next version (version 5) which is not yet available.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

First, always run the scenery rebuild from within RC and make sure RC has Run As Admin set in its properties for VISTA or WIN 7. Second be sure you have the current version 4.41 of makerwys.exe in your FS folder along with the current FSUIPC available from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThe makerwys.exe in that site's FS2004 folder is for FSX as well. Makerwys will follow the priority of your FS scenery list.Correctly edited changes in ADE should work just fine since it follows the Microsoft standards (SDK) for both FS9 and FSX. Be sure in working with ADE exclusions are properly set up for runway and navaid objects/data.Incremental updates (point releases) are not charged for. The current version 4.3 is not scheduled to be updated any more. Version 5 will be offered as far as I know at a slightly reduced rate to RC4 owners. It is still far from completion and involved about a complete rework of the code.I also suggest going to jdtllc.com and downloading the RC43 updated manual to see how procedures are currently handled. Browse the tutorials.

Second be sure you have the current version 4.41 of makerwys.exe in your FS folder along with the current FSUIPC available from:
LOL, come'on Ron, you're slippin' :( Gott'a keep up with 'ol Pete now... :( MakeRwys.exe v4.42
4. Version 4.42 is identical to 4.41 except that when run with FS9 or FSX the "runways.xml" file provides the runway surfaces as denoted in the FS9/FSX scenery files rather then mapping them to the older format names. This means you can now see additional surface types "clay", "ice", "bituminous", "macadam", "sand", "shale" and "tarmac".

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I slipped on the wet clay :)I noticed one other part in the OP's questions.In version 4 the comm frequencies (not Nav frequencies) are not pulled from the scenery but are set in a file derived from earlier FS data. If a "new" airport exists default frequencies for comms are supplied. The is a tab in RC that lets you define comm frequencies in a Controller Tab but only lasts for that session. ILS/LLZ frequencies are pulled from the scenery.RC5 will use comms pulled from the scenery when available.