Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erich22

Looking for complex turbo prop or vintage airliner

I love those shrieking powerful turboprops and have several. One Turboprop liner that hasn't been mentioned is the ATR 72-500 by Flight 1. I like the way it looks and handles. It is a complex build but it is very stable, even when hand flown. It also has all the auto goodies you would want from a regional airliner. My only criticism is that it is a ported over 2004 product so it has a few nuisances. I have considered the PDMG 4100 but I dont like its looks and the engine is a direct drive as opposed to a PT type of engine.I also have the Aerosoft Twin Otter and it (along with my A2A Accusim J-3) is my preferred ride. They are pure FSX builds and follow the current mode of not providing 2d panels. They do have a few pop ups to aid in such things as radio and gps management.

Yes, it isn't very nice looking, thats right.But now I love her for that... :( So you can wait for the B 17 ... and get over time with the J41.. which is doubtless superb, but not as complex as B377 or B17 :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all. I have read that the J41 really keeps you, the pilot, involved or busy. It is not the same as flying the modern airliners where you takeoff and turn-on the autopilot. Can anyone give some examples of how you fly the plane? I also use FS Passenger. My question is that if any of the other systems in the airplane fail will they affect the performance of the airplane or are the systems only simulated and have no real effect?
Failures aren't simulated, but you can definitely blow the engines if you don't manage them properly. I suggest you download the documentation for the J41 from the PMDG website at this link PMDG product manuals and check out the terrific tutorial for the J41...that will give you an idea of how this plane should be flown.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks all. I have read that the J41 really keeps you, the pilot, involved or busy. It is not the same as flying the modern airliners where you takeoff and turn-on the autopilot. Can anyone give some examples of how you fly the plane? I also use FS Passenger. My question is that if any of the other systems in the airplane fail will they affect the performance of the airplane or are the systems only simulated and have no real effect?
Not too much more busy than say the F1 441 Conquest. If you want you can be pretty lazy and still have a fun flight or follow all the procedures and make it a learning experience.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

hi,When I first saw the b 377, I thought that it was so ugly that I would never buy it. I even said to myself "how come did A2A choose it?".Then I read about the accusim package and it appealed to me. I bought it and now I think that the B377 is a beautiful aircraft with a soul and an history. In addition the textures are crisp and outstanding. Each flight is challenging and when you have landed the beast safely and without damaging the engines, it is rewarding and you are proud of yourself. In my opinion, it is a masterpiece.

hi,When I first saw the b 377, I thought that it was so ugly that I would never buy it. I even said to myself "how come did A2A choose it?".Then I read about the accusim package and it appealed to me. I bought it and now I think that the B377 is a beautiful aircraft with a soul and an history. In addition the textures are crisp and outstanding. Each flight is challenging and when you have landed the beast safely and without damaging the engines, it is rewarding and you are proud of yourself. In my opinion, it is a masterpiece.
Or better yet.. when you've landed after flying over an ocean, with upwards of 100 hours on those engines :(