Sign in to follow this  
Guest paddy84heavy

Track IR 5

Guest paddy84heavy

Anybody able to provide some feedback on the above? Purchased yesterday from RCSimulations, cant wait to try it. But is it all it's cracked up to be? Have Vista 32-bit, 2 gig ram, and 1 gig grapics. Is that enough for a decent FPS? And whats the deal with that clip thing? Apparently I need a headset. Is there nothing else that will do?Any comments appreciated.Thanks

Hey MJ,If you are saying "Did I waste money" means you already bought it so the latter question to what you should get for the clip is pointless since, personally I bought the package saving money and getting the pro clip, so on that aspect only I would say yeah, you wasted a little bit since you would have saved some bucks. The Track IR 5 has more resolution (trackable points) than the others so I went with the clip, they have a couple others I believe, such as stickers and a cap I think. The Pro clip from what I read was the way to go but can't say it was a better choice since I would need to try the lesser two.Other than that, you can test the FPS hit with just running in VC mode. If you have a hard hit to FPS view now, then yes you will have a hard hit with Track IR since it uses that view, but enhances it. Track IR itself doesn't hurt my FPS at all, but not sure if you'll have a different hit since your system is less optimized. Again, test by running in VC mode now.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yep! You completly wasted your money. Send it to me in its original packaging and I will 'dispose' of it for you.

you won't regret buying TrackIR, it is without a doubt the best hardware purchase I have ever made for FS, it completely changed the Sim for me. But on another note - Vista 32-bit, 2 gig ram, and 1 gig graphics is probably the worst combination I can think of for FS9/FSX, your system memory is so low on that 32bit system that your 1gig card is slowing your system down instead of increasing performance.With your specs the Max memory your card should have is 512mb Regards

Rob Prest

I recomend an upgrade to Windows 7 (specialy the 64-bit edition), as it impact less on FPS.

Guest acezboy561
Send it to me in its original packaging and I will 'dispose' of it for you.
LOL! Send it to me, ill enjoy it :)

I have the TRACKIR 4 and I think you also get the vector clip as I have. With regard to convenience I have it fittted to a gold peak as wearing a cap indoors tends to make you hot.As said previously, the best bit of hardware ever designed for flightsim + other games too.

Dave Taylor gb.png